JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@AuJa
You'll loose lots of money selling to a pawn shop or gun shop. HOWEVER, it would be the quickest way to come up with cash because they'd take possession of your firearm immediately.

Being a public forum, I do not advocate breaking the law and selling privately (off the books).. though Oregons law and the infinite wisdom of the anti gun dolts essentially encourage such behavior due to the costly and now lengthy steps it takes to sell private property from one individual to another, legally through an FFL (aka on the books)

Unless you are hurting for cash, I'd hold onto it OR post an ad and request interested parties should have formally instant BGC passes.. and I know now it doesn't matter, but requesting a CHL as well in the ad as it has helped in the past when there were separate BGC lines.. Shops need to make a profit so of course they will buy low, very low then turn around and sell it for what you could sell it for here.. with the whole BGC wait time nonsense.

@AuJa
You'll loose lots of money selling to a pawn shop or gun shop. HOWEVER, it would be the quickest way to come up with cash because they'd take possession of your firearm immediately.

Being a public forum, I do not advocate breaking the law and selling privately (off the books).. though Oregons law and the infinite wisdom of the anti gun dolts essentially encourage such behavior due to the costly and now lengthy steps it takes to sell private property from one individual to another, legally through an FFL (aka on the books)

Unless you are hurting for cash, I'd hold onto it OR post an ad and request interested parties should have formally instant BGC passes.. and I know now it doesn't matter, but requesting a CHL as well in the ad as it has helped in the past when there were separate BGC lines.. Shops need to make a profit so of course they will buy low, very low then turn around and sell it for what you could sell it for here.. with the whole BGC wait time nonsense.
What about FFLs that take guns on consignment and also do 3 day transfers? Seems like that would be ideal, if such FFLs exist (I assume they do, perhaps J&B?, but I don't know).

What about FFLs that take guns on consignment and also do 3 day transfers? Seems like that would be ideal, if such FFLs exist (I assume they do, perhaps J&B?, but I don't know).
Very true, I'm just not banking on most FFLs doing that. but he certainly could! Then it's between the FFL and the future buyer.

I appreciate all the responses! Someone actually messaged because of this thread and I'm planning on meeting up with him at an FFL this Saturday to sell him the Sig. Hopefully everything goes smooth. Again, thank you all for your time/feedback/answers.

I appreciate all the responses! Someone actually messaged because of this thread and I'm planning on meeting up with him at an FFL this Saturday to sell him the Sig. Hopefully everything goes smooth. Again, thank you all for your time/feedback/answers.
I made it as easy as possible for him. The P365 is going to be well cared for.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top