JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is permanently closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to give you all a little bit of an into on who we are as a business and why we joined.

First off my name Is Matt and I own Oregon Arms & Ammunition with my father Tony, we opened the store back in June of 2013.

I wanted to join the forum in part to get feedback about my business, hear what people do and don't like about our store or any firearms stores in general, get opinions about what we could be doing better or hear products people would like to see us stock. If anyone has any feedback for me please don't hesitate to share! As a business we're always trying to improve and see ways we can better meet the needs of our customers.

The other part is that I wanted to join this community as an active participant in the discussions on the forum and provide what knowledge I have. If anyone has questions on anything firearms related, about the inner workings of the firearms industry or really anything in general I would be happy to help out in any way I can.

Please feel free to reach out to me!

It just dawned on me that I should probably fill everyone in on what we stock for people who aren't familiar with us.

Our focus is mainly on Tactical Rifles (AR15's, AR10's, AK's, Pistol Caliber Carbines ETC), Handguns, Silencers and home defense Shotguns. We've got just shy of 2000 firearms in stock last time I checked our books. We carry a large selection of AR parts and about half of our store is dedicated to building AR's. We also sell a TON of ammo by the case, right now we're just finishing off the last bits of 8 Pallets of Remington Handgun ammo that we got in a few months ago.

Our home page has some pictures of the store and if you guys hit the inventory tab at the top of the page you can browse some of the firearms we almost always have in stock along with our used firearms.

It just dawned on me that I should probably fill everyone in on what we stock for people who aren't familiar with us.

Our focus is mainly on Tactical Rifles (AR15's, AR10's, AK's, Pistol Caliber Carbines ETC), Handguns, Silencers and home defense Shotguns. We've got just shy of 2000 firearms in stock last time I checked our books. We carry a large selection of AR parts and about half of our store is dedicated to building AR's. We also sell a TON of ammo by the case, right now we're just finishing off the last bits of 8 Pallets of Remington Handgun ammo that we got in a few months ago.

Our home page has some pictures of the store and if you guys hit the inventory tab at the top of the page you can browse some of the firearms we almost always have in stock along with our used firearms.
Welcome to NWFA. You do have a nice store.

Glad to see you joined.

Guys, Matt and Tony are good people and their store is definitely worth checking out. I RARELY walk in and leave empty handed! :D

Feedback: For me your location is the best for transfers but I have not set foot in the store yet as your transfer fees are high. I end up usually going to cut above pawn. Typically when I do transfers at gun shops I end buying other stuff (ammo, targets, even another gun). Someday I'll come visit though:)
Oh and welcome to the forum.

Doors open at 8AM Friday!!!!!

I'd recommend anyone coming for the lowers to show up early.
If anyone has any questions please call the store for quickest answers, I'm not sure how available I will be to check the forum for the rest of today. Also an FYI we will be closed Thanksgiving.
2018 Black Friday Final Web JPG.jpg

If I was to read what your focus was before I stepped into your store, I'd might never have taken a look. I'm not into AR's and tactical stuff or silencers or even home defense (I have a bunch of Bouvier des Flandres dogs for that ;)). What I am mainly interested in is revolvers and semi-automatics for target and fun shooting. The main reason I went to the Oregon Arms and Ammunition store for the first time was because I was looking for a S&W .380 EZ for my wife and they had it there available to look at.

I drive past the store every day going to and from work and from the outside it looks like another one of those little hole in the wall storage unit stores that didn't have room enough to stock very many guns. Boy was I wrong! Yes, when you walk in you do see the walls covered with AR type guns of every description (I'm sure you AR people would know all the names, to me they are just AR type guns) and to the right lots of AR type parts and in front of the door is shelves of ammunition, gun cleaning and other normal gun type supplies. It's not till you walk into the store a bit do you see the row after long row of a whole lot of semi-auto pistols of all kinds. Off to the left is their revolver selection, which isn't nearly as big, but they still have some nice revolvers available.

Although a lot of the guns look the same and if it wasn't for the description and price tag attached, I would be hard pressed to guess the caliber and sometimes even the brand, but I was dully impressed at their selection. I wish I could try out some of them, just to see how they feel in my hand but since I know I'd not be buying in most cases, I don't want to waste their time. But it would be fun to check them out.

In the few months since I first stepped into the store, I have bought 3 pistols, including the S&W .380 EZ, a 9mm and recently a .22lr. I've not bought a ton of ammo but I have bought over 1000 rounds as well as a number of other items. I've had my wife with me a couple of times and she being more of a talker than I am, has chatted with Matt and a couple of the other guys (sorry, other than Matt I'm not sure who is who) and even asked a bunch of questions about the mini AR's they have there. If she ends up buying one, she's on her own because I'm not an AR type guy (even if the mini's are on the cute side) but I suppose I could "help" her if she did buy one or one ended up in her Christmas stocking some day. :)

Anyway, there is a lot more to this store than what there appears to be on the outside and well worth the visit. I hope they stay real busy so they will stick around and grow... now if they could just expand into next door and put in a firing range to test guns in...

Mike

i picked up a Ruger and an AR15 lower from them previously. Very friendly and easy going. the lower can probably get better pricing elsewhere, but the Ruger was decent ($10 lower than other local stores I've been to). store was pretty dry due to COVID, but recently went by (just last week), they had some decent handgun selections still unless you are being very specific.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top