JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
usually people who have a ganja card have a damn good reason for being legally able to smoke pot. Anyone who supports the 2nd ammendment has to support it in full, and not exclude people who are in pain of theyre right to bear arms.

usually people who have a ganja card have a damn good reason for being legally able to smoke pot.

As someone who does not smoke pot but thinks it should be legal I would disagree with that statement. Every card holder I know is just a stoner that worked the system to legally smoke pot. I don't have a problem with that but it is what it is.

Anyone who supports the 2nd ammendment has to support it in full, and not exclude people who are in pain of theyre right to bear arms.

As someone who does not smoke pot but thinks it should be legal I would disagree with that statement. Every card holder I know is just a stoner that worked the system to legally smoke pot. I don't have a problem with that but it is what it is.

Well let me not lead anyone astray, i meant only the people for whom the program was orginally conceived for, people who are in legit chronic pain, etc.

Well, Trlsmn...now you do.
My wife has non-hodgskins lymphoma, in alot of pain from the chemo and has been trying to stop using the oxycontin narcotics...to which she has become dependant. I make her a pot oil based tincture that greatly reduces pain in a tea at night.

Cheers!

However, as in all aspects of our society, there are those that will abuse the privileges for recreational use.

Will

I fail to see how someone with a medical marijuana card differs from someone with a prescription for narcotic medication when it comes to handling a firearm or having a CHL. Should our CHL be revoked post surgery when the physician prescribes pain medication? Hopefully they would not carry a firearm while under the influence of any judgement altering chemical, alcohol included.

Well, Trlsmn...now you do.
My wife has non-hodgskins lymphoma, in alot of pain from the chemo and has been trying to stop using the oxycontin narcotics...to which she has become dependant. I make her a pot oil based tincture that greatly reduces pain in a tea at night.

Cheers!

Sorry to hear about your wife Will, I'm glad we live in a age where she can legally use anything that will help her with what she's going through!

However, as in all aspects of our society, there are those that will abuse the privileges for recreational use.

Will

I honestly don't see a problem with people using Marijuana recreationally. If people use the same common sense responsibility that one would apply to Alcohol then Marijuana is less of a burden on society than Alcohol. I feel people that abuse Alcohol are much of a burden on society than people that abuse Marijuana.

Sorry to hear about your wife Will, I'm glad we live in a age where she can legally use anything that will help her with what she's going through!
QUOTE]

Thanks Trlsmn. We got the news that the tumors are gone, however the ravages of chemo are still there and brutal.
We've been so appreciative of all those that have been there with kind words and help.
Having said that, I have a .45 with me all day and night and wouldn't think of taking anything that would alter what brain cells are still with me. My opinion? Alcohol is by far worse.

Will

As a medical marijuana patient and CHL holder I am happy to see how this turned out. I gotta say I can see where the confusion started. Not too easy to see between the lines in the laws:

Definitely good to see that go that way, would have been a lot happier if the sheriff had not spent more tax money appealing the decision the FIRST time a judge said "Hey, unless theres another reason than he's sick/damaged/whatever and has an RX (or whatever the equivalent is) for something he keeps his CHL"

Small jump from barring medical pot users to medical opiates/synthetics (vicodin and the like)
As a half cripple myself, I can tell ya it starts feeling a lot more necessary to have an equalizer at your side when you lose your physical prowess. Then we could get into seizure meds, antidepressants, rx allergy medicines (can have a pretty significant sedative effect, with summer kicking in be sure you know how they effect you before you drive while on them -- Gerbil's PSA)

Anyways, enough ranting, glad to see none of us will be losing our right to self defense if we're unfortunate enough to get damaged

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top