JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

So I will share a funny along the same lines. There was an incarcerated individual a couple years back that tried to order a rifle. He filled out the paperwork for withdrawl from his trust account, got one of the staff members to rubber stamp it and then attached a coupon for the rifle (from Bi-Mart) and put it in an envelope to be mailed out. We had some keen mailroom staff that caught it before it left the mail room. He got in a little trouble, but I have never laughed so hard.

Well I wouldn't have. I would have 'set' on it for a while, and waited to see who came knocking or calling - which might have never happened. Who would would ever admit to this mistake?
The problem is with keeping it is when they dont find it then it gets reported as stolen to the feds and then you would have a stolen firearm and then be a fellon. :eek:

This is merely a marketing ploy by clever merchandisers seeking to expand their customer base.

However, there is no truth to the rumor that you can now order a Magnavox with gas-piston operation and tactical muzzle brake, nor can you order a Bushmaster with 1080dpi and HDMI inputs.

The problem is with keeping it is when they don't find it then it gets reported as stolen
Good point - and I would no doubt do the right thing but the thought of waiting it out just to see what would happen would be a powerful force. Just a thought though - wouldn't the powers that be have to prove 'intent' to consider it stolen? It came to ME without my involvement or will. It seems to me like it would almost be like 'finding' something and not doing anything to find the owner. Just the devious side of me coming out......

It is rumored that there was an instance a few years ago in SE PDX that UPS delivered a firearm to the wrong address... Very-very early the next morning there was supposedly a UPS inspector, US Marshall and a ATF agent at the residents door and the weapon was recovered.
I would think, it would of came out in the media? But on second though it could of been very bad PR for UPS.

Was that a poke at me :s0131:
The spelling error came from lack of sleep and posting at midnight after a 10 hour day at work then a 5 hour evening in the
shop making barrels. ;)

Been there, done that. I got on the wagon with Mark and Redtaz and took off running (at your expense). I expected a reply from you (certain it was only a typo) and am impressed with your thick skin. You don't need my permission to look for the very next and soon time I open myself up for ribbing.:s0155:

It is rumored that there was an instance a few years ago in SE PDX that UPS delivered a firearm to the wrong address... Very-very early the next morning there was supposedly a UPS inspector, US Marshall and a ATF agent at the residents door and the weapon was recovered.
I would think, it would of came out in the media? But on second though it could of been very bad PR for UPS.

That sounds like a rumor all right.

How come the media is "so surprised" that a rifle would show up in the mail. Or that you could get "Hi Capacity (or any capacity)" Magazines and ammo off the internet.

They make it sound like this is not right and someone (i.e. big government) should be looking into this.

I find it surprising that Liberals can order their Prius's on line and can get Alcohol (expensive bottles of wine) over the internet.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews