Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

OR CHL Came In The Mail Today

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Trapp, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Trapp

Trapp Portland New Member

Hey guys, I think this is my first post here but I've been lurking around for about a month. I'm excited because I got my Oregon CHL in the mail today, which normally wouldn't be much to get excited about except I'm a "dual" resident of both WA and OR and now have both CHL's which certainly makes that interstate travel much more convenient!

In reality my WA address is actually my parents, and where I keep an established mailing address and I have lived there in the past, but I've been living in OR for quite awhile and simply needed to prove that with a lease. So it's all very legit, just a bit of a hassle.

I have to say, Clackamas County Sherriff's process is first class. It's online, so you can set up an appt in the time it takes to fill out a short form (currently they're booked out about 3 weeks) and pay for it. The phone support, if needed, is great too. Once at your appointment you just bring in any extra info and if you have an OR drivers license you walk out with it that day! Sadly, I had to wait an extra 8 days for them to process it as a formality, but still - it couldn't have gone smoother and they were super friendly and all in all it took about 28 days from start to finish to get.

At any rate. Excited to finally be able to carry around this great state. Nowwwww, if only CA would do non-resident!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    Larrytpdx and Dyjital like this.
  2. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Congrats. And welcome to the forum. :cool:

Joe13 likes this.
  3. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Cool. Welcome. Carry on!

Joe13 likes this.
  4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You live in Oregon and have a Washington drivers license. You might not want to put that info on line.

Stomper, Joe13 and Dyjital like this.
  5. 808hondacrguy

808hondacrguy Eugene,OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Congrats on the CHL and your first post

Joe13 likes this.
  6. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

I would agree.

Joe13 likes this.
  7. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Agreed - edit your OP slightly just in case there is some confusion...

8. Trapp

Trapp Portland New Member

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the welcome! Duly noted and edited.