JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had 5 going into this year and nothing. Although I stopped putting in for spike tags as second choice a few years back when I decided to start archery hunting to get a chance at any bull vs spending the cash on a spike tags until I drew an any bull tag. Then ODFW goes and changes the archery tags to a draw and decreases NR tags. Now Im at a cross roads on whether I put in for rifle next year with 6 points or archery with 6 points. I am pretty sure I can kill a bull during rifle season, but man being in the woods during archery season is so much fun.
I always put in for the spike tag as second choice. Last year was the first year I didnt even get the spike tag. Im not a bowhunter so I went to the spot I know in the coast range. (The old herd was still there, but no bulls with them)... somethings changed in drawing tags, my guess is second choice will not be a gurantee anymore. It baffles me cause each time I check very few people put it as their first choice (which also baffles me but to each their own there...).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top