JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eagle Cap Zone bow elk
More preference points for antelope and deer. (I'm at 18 now on antelope. A buddy drew this year with 21. Siiiiiiiiigh.)

Oregon sucks! I've been applying and buying elk tags, deer tags and spring bear tags as a resident since 86 and a non resident since 2008 with maybe 3 yrs total that I didn't draw a tag. 1st or 2nd choice.
Now that they have changed the non resident cap on tags and turned most of NE into draw units for archery elk I get goose eggs. Small rant over.
Congrats and good luck to all that were successful.

Starkey Any bull... I sure hope I have the same luck as I did last time I was there with a spike only tag :p

1686719096798.png

What is is like to hunt deer in Imnaha? Bad unit?
I've hunted elk with a bow quite a few years in the old Imnaha Unit and haven't really seen that many deer there. It wasn't that many years ago that deer were on the menu since a general tag worked for that unit, but our group never even got an arrow in the air toward a deer. Maybe where we were hunting was more of an elk zone. Last time we were there, a couple of years ago, it was more of a wolf zone. We saw very few elk.

How many points did you have to draw that any bull tag?
Only 4 points.
Last year I didn't even draw the spike only tag. It's been 4 yrs since my last any bull there when I called in a nice bull and he winded me at the last minute and I got skunked so I'm really hoping this year makes up for it....

Only 4 points.
Last year I didn't even draw the spike only tag. It's been 4 yrs since my last any bull there when I called in a nice bull and he winded me at the last minute and I got skunked so I'm really hoping this year makes up for it....
I had 5 going into this year and nothing. Although I stopped putting in for spike tags as second choice a few years back when I decided to start archery hunting to get a chance at any bull vs spending the cash on a spike tags until I drew an any bull tag. Then ODFW goes and changes the archery tags to a draw and decreases NR tags. Now Im at a cross roads on whether I put in for rifle next year with 6 points or archery with 6 points. I am pretty sure I can kill a bull during rifle season, but man being in the woods during archery season is so much fun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top