JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a 930 Tactical, basically an SPX without sights.... well okay it has a bead.

Looking for something a little more..... Didn't want to spend the extra $250+ to get the SPX.

Anyone have experience with putting red dot on a 12ga?

What do you use and how did it work out?

The front sight on my 1301 is charged by light. I painted the field around it with red for better acquisition. For trials I mounted a PA MD-ADS. If I come to like it, I may be getting an Aimpoint Micro.

1301-RD.jpg

A view from the operators end. Having the ability to increase brightness of the dot is a nice benefit.
20190322-143018.jpg

I have a cheapie reflex optic mounted on my tactical shotty $50. It features red or green, and 4 different type of aiming, red dot, bullseye, crosshair, crosshair plus bull.

Works great for 2-gun and for Texas Star!!!

Last Edited:
I ran a primary arms advanced microdot on a winchester sxp defender for a while before I robbed the sight for my ar pistol and was pretty pleased with it. When primary arms has them on blemished sale for $99 they're a great deal

The few times I carried and used a shotgun while in the Army...I shot it like a bird gun...focused on where I wanted to hit the target and I shot , generally hitting what I needed to.
'Course my first gun was / is a Wingmaster from 1962..and I learned quickly how to shoot it

Granted all we had was bead sights on our shotguns* then...not sure what is used now.
*Winchester Model 12 and the stray Ithaca Model 37

But I'll stick to what I know and use well...A simple bead.
Andy

Got the shotgun from the FFL the other day and Im pretty impressed for the price.

I picked up a rail and some GG&G sling mounts... Then ended up getting a reflex sight for it.

I like the bigger glass, little faster to acquire than the smaller red dots. Should do fine and I can still use the bead... sort of a cowitness

20190322_201442.jpg
20190323_201425.jpg 20190323_201511.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class