JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, so I'm on the market looking for a good 9mm pocket carry. I have about a $500 budget and have done a decent amount of research but I haven't had the opportunity to shoot anything yet. I'm leaning towards a Kel-Tec PF9 but would like to hear your experiences and opinions. I'm open to anything that stays true to the slim small 9mm dimensions.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and thanks in advance!

If the p938 is anything like my p238 then it is an amazing gun, but it is out of your price range. BD9 is a cool little gun, kahr pm9 and cm9, ruger lc9, kimber solo, SA emp 9, and there are a couple other nice ones out there. I would go for a kahr over an lc9/pf9 just because of the durability factor. You can shoot the kahr all day long and not tire it out. The latter two are not meant to be range guns, and will not have the longevity of a kahr.

The nano and lc9 were the other 2 I held at the shop and really liked. I'll have to look further into them. I was under the impression kel-tec being junk was a thing of the past? If that isn't the case then I'm definitely not getting a pf9 as this gun HAS to function, it will be my every day carry firearm.

Also I'm not too worried about range friendliness I have a 1911 and XD .45 for that. I'm just looking for pure carry 24/7 qualities since I really don't like carrying my other bulky handguns.

The nano and lc9 were the other 2 I held at the shop and really liked. I'll have to look further into them. I was under the impression kel-tec being junk was a thing of the past? If that isn't the case then I'm definitely not getting a pf9 as this gun HAS to function, it will be my every day carry firearm.

Also I'm not too worried about range friendliness I have a 1911 and XD .45 for that. I'm just looking for pure carry 24/7 qualities since I really don't like carrying my other bulky handguns.

Any manufacturer that made junk in the past can do it again. I include Taurus in my list, from personal experience

Think, if you ever do really need that little piece, how desperate will the situation be? Beretta vs KT? No comparison (and I don't like all Beretta handguns either but the Nano looks good overall for a pocket pistol, they are our next purchases)

The Nano is 100% made in the USA if that matters to ya

LC9 is OK (I have 4 Ruger rifles and like them) but the Nano seems better streamlined for pocket carry

I bought a PF9 and carried it for awhile, with good ammo it worked every time, but it sure wasn't fun to practice with. I now use a Kahr CM9 and it fits my hand better and it's a lot nicer to shoot.
My advice is to buy a gun you will practice with, make sure it fits your hand.

You're in Pierce county so go down to Bull's eye and rent a few guns.
I hate send anyone to the Marksman ,but I think they still rent guns too.
Then there is a place in Kent also.

Pocket guns are as hard to handle as big guns sometimes. So you may want to try a few out first.

You're in Pierce county so go down to Bull's eye and rent a few guns.
I hate send anyone to the Marksman ,but I think they still rent guns too.
Then there is a place in Kent also.

Pocket guns are as hard to handle as big guns sometimes. So you may want to try a few out first.

I am going to bull's eye today to see what they have. yeah champion arms is in kent but they haven't got their FFL back yet have they? last time i went there to shoot it was a shanty of empty cases and a range with no ammo.

Why the negative feelings toward the marksman? I've only been there a few times but never left with a bad taste in my mouth.

As for the XD-S 9 comment i haven't looked into it but i don't think that will fall into the pocket carry dimensions i am looking for, i believe its too thick.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top