JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No it does not.
Yeah, neither did the Ruger I wanted. Not a deal breaker, but nice to be able to use all the mags I already have for my AR10.

Kinda' moot point anyways since none of the Scout-style rifles are available now.

I could pick up the Ruger Predator rifle and add the Magpul Hunter stock, which allows use of mags, but that stock is a heavy pig at 3.5 lbs. Then I'm into the rifle $750, and could have just gotten a Scout-style rifle at normal prices.

Yeah, I looked at going that route a couple of years ago when my brother was teasing me by saying he was thinking about selling his old 700 sniper rifle he used on the SWAT team.

Then I started looking at the 700 and 738 short-barreled .308s and starting hearing horror stories about QC issues.

The Mossberg MVP Scout or Patrol might be perfect, if they ever become available.

The Ruger Gunsite Scouts are going for over $1000 on Gunbroker now. WTF??

The 700 is two tubes screwed together with a washer in the middle. Any QC issue I've seen with a 700 was easily rectified.

I think I found a solution.

Apparently, if you have a Ruger American Predator rifle with the rotary magazine, the entire magazine well assembly is held in with two screws. Ruger sells the replacement assembly that allows the use of AI-style mags for $19. They don't advertise it; you have to call their customer service folks and ask for it. I found a thread on a Ruger forum in which some guy did this last week.

I can find a Ruger Predator for $425 all day long online. Going to call Ruger CS tomorrow and confirm.

I think I found a solution.

Apparently, if you have a Ruger American Predator rifle with the rotary magazine, the entire magazine well assembly is held in with two screws. Ruger sells the replacement assembly that allows the use of AI-style mags for $19. They don't advertise it; you have to call their customer service folks and ask for it. I found a thread on a Ruger forum in which some guy did this last week.

I can find a Ruger Predator for $425 all day long online. Going to call Ruger CS tomorrow and confirm.
Interesting. I may have to look into that. I do not like the rotary mags on my Predator.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top