JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think two pro racers, one on a 250 smoker and one on a 450 stroker would be close.
It's my opinion that to be very fast on a smoker is harder. Power band is a different game.

I think two pro racers, one on a 250 smoker and one on a 450 stroker would be close.
It's my opinion that to be very fast on a smoker is harder. Power band is a different game.
Was not thinking of fast. Grew up riding in woods and off road, and off trail. going fast gets you hurt when things come to an abrupt end. Geared the bikes down so when I can to a log or other. just a little goose of the throttle would get you through.

Was not thinking of fast. Grew up riding in woods and off road, and off trail. going fast gets you hurt when things come to an abrupt end. Geared the bikes down so when I can to a log or other. just a little goose of the throttle would get you through.
Yes.
I grew up and learned on how to ride in the coast range. The two stroke sucked. Now they are the clear winner. New technology and 6 speeds.
On the track was my point.

re: "He hit the jump wide open in 4th gear like he does on his 250. He nust of went 30 feet in the air, and over jumped the big double jump by 30 feet! I'm surprised that"s all he broke!"

it was 1964 & I was hot in the 'Honda 50' trail bike craze....barely 18 & ready to upgrade...so I thought. Favorite riding area in the Boise foot hills, went with buddy on his new Suzuki 80 out to hit the jumps......speaking of 'wide open' I was wound out in 2nd (going maybe 20 mph) & cleared the top flat of the little ridge we used.....I had a series of overlapping sensations:
1) surprised I was already past the launch site, and SO high off the ground;
2) looking DOWN at buddy's upturned face, from well above his head level;
3) sudden encounter with the flat ground about 30' beyond the 'down slope landing zone';
4) infinite pain and labored breathing trying to get off the mess of (yes Honda 50) still running bike, bars twisted to left with front wheel way to right;

5) reassessing I wasn't broken or dying; bike was twisted but able to be straightened enough to ride 5+ miles home.....

odd survival somehow, minimal repairs/parts. Put thousands of miles on that very Trail 50 before graduating to Bigger Bike.....the mighty Super 90. Those were the days. I was on a budget, school & part time work, gas was 24.9 cents/gallon & I could cruise my favorite trails between fill ups working $1.25/hr job.....ah, youth.....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top