JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
408cabce8bb2a6786bb4d27dba67b669.jpg

Chicks dig scars. I remember jumping my Raptor at the dunes years ago. Came down nose heavy, luckily just a broken wrist and bruised ego.

:cool::D

Sucky. Hope you heal up soon.

This reminds me of a kid I saw on the dunes 15 years ago. Came over a dune down in florence and their was a bunch of people milling around down at the bottom of a big hill. We roll up to see what's going on and this kids clavicle is obviously broken. Arm hanging down to his knee damn near! I had just become a brand new quadtard and was riding a the new TRX450R that had just come out. Well we see them pacing about and ask if we can help?

They tell us no their buddy just left to get a truck. I do a quick mental calculation and tell him "forget that man, let's get you out of here. I'll leave my brand new quad right here. You can ride doubles with my buddy on his quad and I'll get your dirt bike back to your rig."

They told me......no. I was absolutely floored. Couldn't believe it. I tried to explain how long it was going to take him before he saw a doc and some painkillers. Kid didn't care. I think he was just in shock and wasn't thinking straight. I figure his buddy was 20 minutes from the south jetty parking lot. He then needed to air down 20 minutes easy. Then drive out to the spot 30-40 minutes. Then a little slower back obviously. Then the drive down to Coos Bay probably.
I tried to talk him into it a little more, but no dice. Wished them well and rode off.

I'm lucky to have not wrecked myself up to awful bad. Been laid up from riding, but no broken bones. Man it's hard to beat that rush though isn't it? Man and machine against nature :cool:

Hopefully I'm done w/all that. I'm at 23 broken bones, all from dirt riding except 2 from football, which resulted in 3 plates, 21 screws, 3 pins and a rod inside my left femur. The femur fracture was the worse, it also included the hip, pelvis and talus in left foot and radius in left wrist. Wrists 5 times combined. A broken toe, finger, rib or a severe sprain isn't even a thing. Never did break a collar bone but a friend broke one of his scapula's in 1/2, that was a plate and 11 screws. I've ridden out of the woods broken, absolute unfun. It's better when they come get you :)

The broken hip crash was at 47, @ 52 I shattered the metacarpal in my left thumb. I still ride but haven't gone off the property in a few years. I get senior discounts now and have come up with other ways to injure myself though not as seriously :p

dang, I really shouldn't have said that.......

Everyday is painful but it's all part of living, you either do or don't.

I've had the conversation a few times as some of my buds are pretty lamed up. Is it better to take it easy in our youth to have a more trouble free old age or go all out while you can and deal with it later? The thing is you never ask yourself that question you just jump. Getting old plain sucks for any # of reasons, being in chronic pain is just one of them.

You can direct your life toward how you want to live in old age but getting there isn't a straight line, sometimes just getting there is the prize.

I bought a bike back around 88 or so
The guy delivered it at the house, i took it for a ride about a 1/4 of a mile from the house. Turned around and went home. I gave it away later that afternoon.
Bikes are not for men I want four whells under my butt.

Your injury looks very painfull, like the saying goes, Play, you gotta pay.
Some things just not worth it.

Those big bore thumpers will get ya when ya least expect it.
My favorites were from the 70's. Honda XR500, and Yamaha TT500.
I never found myself anxious to tame the XR500, after it launched me over the bars for not using the compression release.
Not to mention if I didn't get slung over the bars, it like to break my foot.

The TT500's, they're possessed by the beast. They come alive with a smack-down in a hurry. Jumping them, hang on. They flat launch.

Ya, I bet that wipe-out hurt just a tad.
Heal up.

Those big bore thumpers will get ya when ya least expect it.
My favorites were from the 70's. Honda XR500, and Yamaha TT500.
The TT500's, they're possessed by the beast.
My first thumper was an XT500 when I was in my late 20's. The neighbor had it for sale and I took it for a test ride. My wife and neighbor were get worried when I didn't come back until 2 hours later. I had a ball, and bought the bike. I've also had 2 TT500's since then. They are awesome cycles!

Wow! I feel like a wimp compared to you guys. Broke my lower outer right leg riding the Greenhorn Enduro way back in about 1969 or so. Finished the first half then had to quit.

Remember ... Pain is Weakness leaving your Body!! :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top