JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you have not already heard, the brand new Star Trek Series, Star Trek: Discovery, is going to premiere on CBS in just over a month, on Sept 24th.

The new series takes place 10 years before the time of the original, first series, and the plot all revolves around the Federation's first contact with the Klingon Empire, and explains the conflict behind how and why the two originally became enemies.

The series characters include some names that you might know:

Sonequa Martin-Green, as Michael Burnham, First Officer of the USS Shenzhou. She is actually the central character for the new series.

James Frain, as Sarek, the father of Spock, and a teacher and mentor to Burnham.

Michelle Yeoh, as the Captain of the USS Shenzhou

Rainn Wilson, as Harry Mudd, a character from the original series, who is quite a rascal.

Here is a video of both Trailers for the new series, with the 2nd one shown first, followed by the original first trailer:

Is anyone else looking forward to this new Star Trek series?? Are you happy that it is set roughly in the same time period as the original series?

The Bridge of the USS Shenzhou:

Star-Trek-Discovery-Trailer-Breakdown-13.jpg

Kelpien Science Officer Saru of the USS Shenzhou, and First officer Burnham

saru-star-trek-discovery.jpg

Captain Georgiou prepares to fire a phaser:

sdcc17-dscimages-01.jpg

Sarek, of Vulcan:

3234682-vulcan2.jpg

A Klingon leader:

star-trek-discovery-klingons.jpg

The new Transporter room:

000259035hr.jpg

Strange new worlds to explore:

star-trek-discovery-sdcc-2017-trailer-130.jpg

Last Edited:
I don't watch network TV (especially the three alphabet networks).... I had no clue.

Now there's a THIRD iteration of Kilingons? I remember the episode of the Next Generation when his crew mates asked Worf why the Kilingons looked different in TOS... his response was to get all terse and say, "we don't like to talk about it".

LOL!

I thought the series was only on the PAY TO WATCH premium CBS channel, not the regular network station. Everything I've seen about it up to this point has said that. So, if I have to subscribe to some channel to see this, I won't be watching. To bad too, because it does look interesting.

I thought the series was only on the PAY TO WATCH premium CBS channel, not the regular network station. Everything I've seen about it up to this point has said that. So, if I have to subscribe to some channel to see this, I won't be watching. To bad too, because it does look interesting.

The first episode this season will be broadcast on CBS. After that, you have to either sign up for CBS All Access, or have Netflix. Both of them will have the rest of the episodes.

CBS All Access costs either $6 a month with the standard TV commercials, or $9 a month if you want to watch shows commercial free. Netflix's HD streaming service is $10 a month, and has a ton of content.

Do you have high speed internet? If so, you could buy a streaming device like a Roku, and hook it up to your TV. Then for just $10/month for Netflix, have tons of TV shows and movies to watch. I paid $99 for my Roku 3 two years ago. But Roku products have come down a great deal in price since then.

I don't watch network TV (especially the three alphabet networks).... I had no clue.

Now there's a THIRD iteration of Kilingons? I remember the episode of the Next Generation when his crew mates asked Worf why the Kilingons looked different in TOS... his response was to get all terse and say, "we don't like to talk about it".

LOL!

I've heard that there will also be different races of Klingons in the show, with both white and black Klingons.

The first episode this season will be broadcast on CBS. After that, you have to either sign up for CBS All Access, or have Netflix. Both of them will have the rest of the episodes.

CBS All Access costs either $6 a month with the standard TV commercials, or $9 a month if you want to watch shows commercial free. Netflix's HD streaming service is $10 a month, and has a ton of content.

Do you have high speed internet? If so, you could buy a streaming device like a Roku, and hook it up to your TV. Then for just $10/month for Netflix, have tons of TV shows and movies to watch. I paid $99 for my Roku 3 two years ago. But Roku products have come down a great deal in price since then.

We have ROKU, and Netflix streaming. If the show is available with those two, I'd be interested in watching. I just don't want to have to pay for yet another subscription.

Personal Rant Probably Correct ...

Wow. I'm a real Treker. Watched the original series on TV while just out of high school before getting drafted. Sorry to say I predict a total crash on the ratings and a very short run of that horrible attempt to re create Star Trek. The show will flop and will be quickly canceled. TV big wig producer's heads will roll. A disaster. Horrible. There .... I went and said it.

Too dark. Too complicated. Too much green screen. Many things wrong with the characters. A Gay character? How did THAT even get into Star Fleet? What has happened to the old fashioned notions or duty, respect, sweat, blood and tears. It should take an officer a minimum of 20 years before given a command .... then a very small non important ship.

Remember this is in the future. Humans serve Star Fleet for 75 years. Promotions are earned, not given.

Yeah Kirk was an exception. I can see nothing good coming out of this and about 12 things very wrong. But then again I was not selected as a big guy VIP running the whole show. Also .... that ship is HORRIBLE! When I first saw pictures of the new Enterprise, (?) I could not believe it. Who is running things over there? In my opinion they have no common sense.

But then again the original TV series Star Trek aired before any of these idiots were even born. Thus the problem. No connection with the original theme and story lines by Gene. They could have done much better by keeping it simple, cut down on all the actor makeup and reduce all the green screen stuff. Sometimes simpler is better. Also much cheaper. :(

Rant complete. Respectfully.

LOL!
I thought they explained that in Enterprise. They tried some genetic manipulation and the side effect made them all look human

Klingons are all one race (like humans).... Mendel's law: variety within species.

I think that you are confusing race with species. We are all Homo Sapiens: the same species. But there are different races.

If we were all one race, then how could racism exist??

Here is a photo from the show of some white Klingons. I think that in the series that they may be an oppressed minority.

Star-Trek-Discovery-Klingons.jpg

I think that you are confusing race with species. We are all Homo Sapiens: the same species. But there are different races.

If we were all one race, then how could racism exist??

Here is a photo from the show of some white Klingons. I think that in the series that they may be an oppressed minority.

View attachment 384762

Never heard the term "the human race"? "Race" as used today is simply an artificial construct to drive wedges in order to achieve power and make money.

I thought they explained that in Enterprise. They tried some genetic manipulation and the side effect made them all look human

Didn't they also mention that some Klingons were genetically altered to look more human or Vulcan, in order to act as spies?

That trailer didn't look like the Star Trek universe I know, just like the JJ Abrams movies didn't.

They more closely resemble the later Star Trek comic books to me, which I never got into.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top