JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a bad idea, but love doesn't fix all as the article seems to suggest.

Thats profiling! and as usual I like it

Exactly! She's profiling them, not out of love but to weed out the mentally ill. Trust me, most teachers "love" very few of their students. They love the idea of them as budding young people, but not them personally.

Do I have "knuckleheads" in my class...yes...Do I have students that have "Knucklehead" moments...yes again.
But I can honestly say that I love all of my students , not just the idea of them or the idea of what they can be...both past and present.
Speaking as always just for myself here....
Andy

Do I have "knuckleheads" in my class...yes...Do I have students that have "Knucklehead" moments...yes again.
But I can honestly say that I love all of my students , past and present.
Andy

Andy, I don't doubt that you care for your students. At all. But I grew up around teachers, as my mom was one for 30 years. Get-togethers at my house were always large groups of teachers. And I agree they all cared that their students succeeded and did well, but from the comments they didn't "love" them. There is a member here that that is also a teacher and was more than happy to have a day off due to weather because they teach Freshman. It's ok to say it.

The article mentioned claims the teacher did it all for love. When in fact she was doing it to flush out the threats. Profiling as MC pointed out.

I've believed for many moons that teachers are one of the most underappreciated and underpaid groups of professionals there is. I have spent many days volunteering at my youngests elementary school to help out her teacher. Wow, what a list she had. I couldn't believe the lack of funds and manpower to accomplish the simplest of tasks.

i want armed security, teachers who want to carry should be able to carry and metal detectors at schools.... no one should be at any school that doesnt belong there.

they do it at the courthouse and at the airport. even some govt officials have armed security/secret service. why are these things more important than the safety of young kids? what is it so hard? we already pay a sh!t load in taxes, it might as well go to safety measures for schools instead of to bridges that never get built or other stupid, unnecessary crap.

carrying a gun isnt feasable for ALL teachers, i get that. im just saying, they should not be forbidden from carrying if they so choose.

banning guns and making legislation does nothing. literally, does nothing except hurt those who abide by laws.

Agreed. Unsurprisingly, this evening, the Mrs received a mass email from the Oregon Educators Association (OEA) sniveling about and denouncing the notion of armed teachers. What a shock. :rolleyes:

Let me guess, they suggest banning evil black rifles?

I applaud @TeacherSmurf, @AndyinEverson and other teachers that don't fall into the typical thought process of most educators in this country.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews