JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to move the scope on my AR foward a bit and Im thinking of using a one piece mount with rings that are angled foward similiar to the GG&G mount. What would be the pros and cons of doing this. Or is there a better way to move my scope foward?

J.P.

I have the GG&G GS-1 rail with Warne rings on a couple AR's. It's a great piece that allows you to get your scope far enough foward to shoot the gun like it was meant to be. The one piece mounts are about twice the price. If your gonna pay $200 for a one piece mount, check out the Larue.

I'm a cheapskate. I bought a one piece "see through" mount on Ebay for $25. It attaches to my rail and I was able to get it far enough forward, and then get the scope far enough forward that it's quite comfortable.

I just checked Ebay and can't find another like it, nor does that seller have any listings right now. However, this (below) should work if (like I did) you drill and tap a new hole for the forward screw and place it back a bit. That allows you to move this "rail riser" forward on your rail.

You can get a flatter, lower one if you don't want the see-through feature. You can also get just the rings which are see-through. With mine, I can still see my iron sights.

Either of the following should work - either a see through rail or see-through rings. Or of course you can lower all of it by not getting either in the see-through design.

Both of these below are see-through.
You'd want one or the other but not both because the scope would be way too high, or neither if you want the scope low and don't care about see-through - your choice.

scoperingscopy.jpg

railcopy.jpg

Just received and mounted and used Burris P.E.P.R. on a AR10. Works great, machined nicely, top rails if needed. From Optics Planet, with a 308 bore snake as a add, for $85 delivered.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top