JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up this old k4 at a pawn shop for 15.00. Looks like it might be in the 40s? It is a little beat on the outside but it is good and clear.

20201212_131215.jpg 20201212_131251.jpg 20201212_131239.jpg

If you want to center the cross hairs back to factory settings, place the scope up against a bathroom mirror with the overhead light on.
You'll probably see two images of the cross hairs when you look through the eyepiece.
Adjust the elevation and windage knobs till the dual cross hair images blend together to make one. You're now back to factory center.
Some of these old scopes don't like you winding the adjustment knobs all the way to the stops.

I've seen scopes ruined by twisting the adjustment all the way to the left and right while counting the clicks.
This way you get a sneak peek on how far off the last rifle it was mounted on was.

I wouldn't recommend running any scope to the stops.
Maybe new ones are better built, but that's a lot of movement from all the way left and then all the way over to the right.

I wouldn't recommend running any scope to the stops.
Id like to think newer scopes are built for this but I have to agree regardless. I just tested this against the mirror with a 'newer' scope and its kinda hard to see but the two crosshairs are there. This is a good useful tip to know to get it back to center, thanks for sharing this.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top