JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Five OLD anti gun bills in Oregon posted by Judiciary Committee chairman Pretty Boy Floyd Prozanski:

1. SB 347 sponsored by Senator Ginny Burdick. Allows school districts to make up rules for concealed carry on school grounds. Negates Oregon preemption law which prohibits government entities from making anti gun laws.

2. SB 699 is sponsored by the Committee on Judiciary Sponsorship meaning all members on the committee: Prohibits state legislators and staff (or anyone else) from carrying licensed concealed handguns inside the Capitol building.

3. SB 700 sponsored by the Committee on Judiciary: Requires a person to request a criminal background check before transferring a firearm to any other individual outside of the person's immediate family. Progressive penalty;5 years in prison $125,000 fine.

4. SB 796 sponsored by Senator Pretty Boy Floyd Prozanski: Would require any person applying for a concealed handgun license to first pass a live-fire test at a firing range. The test would require accuracy while repeatedly firing up to twenty shots in 60 seconds or less. This bill would make it virtually impossible to pass the test with a revolver and also for many semi automatic handgun shooters.

5. Senator Jackie Dingfelder, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, is the sole sponsor of SB 760 which would require a person threatened with bodily harm to run away, even inside their own home.

Each of the bills contain one or more amendments. None of the bills have had a public hearing.

All four bills contain an emergency clause which would prohibit the citizens of Oregon from challenging the bills through a voter referendum.

Two of the bills could be used as a vehicle to include all the bills in a single act.

The above information came from Oregon Republican Senator Doug Whitsett, Klamath Falls in his Email Letter. http://www.klamathbasincrisis.org/whitsett/2013Newsletter/4antigunbills040713.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Prozanski's live fire test is arguably more difficult than the Marine Corps pistol course of fire.

SB347 = illegal under Oregon Constitution and attempts to solve a problem that isn't there. Goes against the entire core reasoning for the preemption clause.

SB699 = attempts to solve a problem that isn't there. When was the last time someone shot someone in our legislature? There is no reason for this law.

SB760 = an excuse to imprison gun owners

SB700 = I594

Old or not it does give a clear Indication of what they will try again now that they have the majority and a rubber stamp govnr

Five recent anti gun bills in Oregon posted by Judiciary Committee chairman Pretty Boy Floyd Prozanski:

1. SB 347 sponsored by Senator Ginny Burdick. Allows school districts to make up rules for concealed carry on school grounds. Negates Oregon preemption law which prohibits government entities from making anti gun laws.

2. SB 699 is sponsored by the Committee on Judiciary Sponsorship meaning all members on the committee: Prohibits state legislators and staff (or anyone else) from carrying licensed concealed handguns inside the Capitol building.

3. SB 700 sponsored by the Committee on Judiciary: Requires a person to request a criminal background check before transferring a firearm to any other individual outside of the person's immediate family. Progressive penalty;5 years in prison $125,000 fine.

4. SB 796 sponsored by Senator Pretty Boy Floyd Prozanski: Would require any person applying for a concealed handgun license to first pass a live-fire test at a firing range. The test would require accuracy while repeatedly firing up to twenty shots in 60 seconds or less. This bill would make it virtually impossible to pass the test with a revolver and also for many semi automatic handgun shooters.

5. Senator Jackie Dingfelder, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, is the sole sponsor of SB 760 which would require a person threatened with bodily harm to run away, even inside their own home.

Each of the bills contain one or more amendments. None of the bills have had a public hearing.

All four bills contain an emergency clause which would prohibit the citizens of Oregon from challenging the bills through a voter referendum.

Two of the bills could be used as a vehicle to include all the bills in a single act.

The above information came from Oregon Republican Senator Doug Whitsett, Klamath Falls in his Email Letter. <broken link removed>

You should have your azz kicked clear to Moscow for that post.
Put my fricken BP through the roof when I began reading that.
Not even a little bit funny. 2013............. WTH

That may damned well happen BUT NOT YET. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Edited:
The thing is, we'll be having "deja vu all over again" when the 2015 bills are released!

Now who is going to admit that they're old enough to remember who the author of that line was once married to? :D

Maybe Dennis Richardson will introduce a stand you ground law? If the left introduces four laws, the right should introduce eight pro gun laws.
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how many pro gun laws are brought to the table, as none of them will receive a vote during the legislative session over the next two years. The Oregon State Legislature is now anti-gun with an ant-gun governor. I hate to bring doom and gloom, but the reality is that the legislature will be able to pass anything anti-freedom that they please.

Last Edited:
We're being subverted by the college vote. As it stands now the college students in Oregon can register as residents of the district they live in on campus, or maintain their registrations wherever they came from. Democratic organizers continually harangued my son to change his registration to his PSU address so he could vote for Burdick. For financial aid purposes, he has to remain a dependent of mine on my taxes. What we need is a new election law that says if you are a dependent on someone's federal and state taxes then your voting address is theirs. That would take about 25,000 liberal college votes out of Burdick's district. It would do the same in many other locked in Democratic districts.

Get your money in to OFF soon! It's not too late to make your 2014 PAC contribution to them. They'll probably be the only hope we have to even try and stop any of this stuff from happening in the 2015 session. And we can be sure they'll bring up these 2013 bills again, and maybe even worse.

What are the police required in live fire training.

whats that matter ? its a moot point, they dont even need to know the laws they enforce any longer!

they were rubber stamped to do as they please....see you in cell block 8

You should have your azz kicked clear to Moscow for that post.
Put my fricken BP through the roof when I began reading that.
Not even a little bit funny. 2013............. WTH

That may damned well happen BUT NOT YET. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited so we don't have anyone else almost have a stroke......

Five OLD anti gun bills in Oregon posted by Judiciary Committee chairman Pretty Boy Floyd Prozanski:

Sounds pretty "common sense" to me. It would be interesting to see if the bill's sponsor would be willing to test it some night by having her house surrounded by thugs and foregoing any security or other protection. It would prepare her for the throngs of angry citizens if this ever got passed . Her district is the crime ridden east side of Portland, however, so many of them will see it as a progressive workplace safety law.

As for me, I will obey this law if passed. Too durned bad that I happened to be cleaning my guns at the time of the incident and had several unfortunate accidental discharges... I guess that's why they call me butterfingers...

I don't see how a bill similar to SB 760 can get any traction. I would think that womens' rights groups would be screaming bloody murder about a law that effectively says rape and assault are their own fault because they didn't run away.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews