JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recently was trying to decide if I wanted offset sights or not. So I decided to get a cheap set off Amazon - $28 - the brand name is Dagger Defense. They get pretty good reviews, and I was surprised that they seem beefier than I thought they would. They flip down out of the way and are easy to deploy. Will have to wait and see how well they hold up, but so far I like them. They are easy to transition too if needed. I might pony up real money when these die, but for now they are fine.

I run the Griffin Armament M2 Sight deployment kit on one of my SPR/DMR rifles. This kit affords me the option of running the sights in the traditional configuration or in the 45 degree off set position.

M2 Sight Deployment Kit

I run the 45 degree off set because the scope on my SPR sits too low for standard position BUIS. The Griffin Armament BUIS are flip up deployment, extremely light weight and very versatile. I sighted in the Griffin BUIS and have found that I can shoot extremely accurate with them. I do like these sights and would not hesitate to recommend them.

I will say that the only draw back I have found with them is that when the rear sight is in the down position, my fingers will collide with the sight when I go to operate the charging handle. It could be an easy fix if I moved the rear sight forward a couple of spaces or just leave them deployed in the up position. Not a huge deal but thought I would point it out in the interest of providing an impartial review.

The only other draw back is the price. They are somewhat expensive but I bought these at an introduction rate when they first debuted them. They key is to wait until they are on sale or have some kind of special on them.

These are the sights as I have them currently installed on an SPR that I have listed for sale on this and several other forums.

R_03_IMG_4769.jpg

R_03_IMG_4800.jpg

R_01_IMG_4770.jpg

I run a JP single piece with adjustable suppressor hight pistol sights, but I run mine at 90°deg to the scope, and I also run this set up on my DMR mounted to the right side of the for end! Super tough and dependable sight thay can take a beatin!:)

Excuse me for saying this, folks, but running offset sights means you didn't do your homework. Though what I run will never interfere with any other optic, and should co-witness any optic like a red-dot sight.
As for most things I have seen, it's largely a matter of shopping for, and comparing open sights and optics mounts that will take up less room on the Pic rail. I plan to get a scope mount that occupies little of the Pic rail, and I can easily fit open sights like Magpul BUIS sights, as well. All this, on an Aero Precision Atlas carbine. There's not much rail, yet I can fit everything I plan to use, without interference.
What I'm getting at is, if you take the time to fit everything together, things like offset open sights really aren't necessary.

I run the Griffin Armament M2 Sight deployment kit on one of my SPR/DMR rifles. This kit affords me the option of running the sights in the traditional configuration or in the 45 degree off set position.

M2 Sight Deployment Kit

I run the 45 degree off set because the scope on my SPR sits too low for standard position BUIS. The Griffin Armament BUIS are flip up deployment, extremely light weight and very versatile. I sighted in the Griffin BUIS and have found that I can shoot extremely accurate with them. I do like these sights and would not hesitate to recommend them.

I will say that the only draw back I have found with them is that when the rear sight is in the down position, my fingers will collide with the sight when I go to operate the charging handle. It could be an easy fix if I moved the rear sight forward a couple of spaces or just leave them deployed in the up position. Not a huge deal but thought I would point it out in the interest of providing an impartial review.

The only other draw back is the price. They are somewhat expensive but I bought these at an introduction rate when they first debuted them. They key is to wait until they are on sale or have some kind of special on them.

These are the sights as I have them currently installed on an SPR that I have listed for sale on this and several other forums.

View attachment 481127

View attachment 481128

View attachment 481129

I have a similar setup to this, at least the same handguard.

I have a 5x prism on top, so the sights are backup or CQB. I used magpul pro offset sights.

Still trying to decide how I feel about offsets. They are really comfy to use off the bench, I guess we will see how they feel once I get an sighted in and use them.

Only major draw back would be using them when shooting left handed.

M2 Sight Deployment Kit

View attachment 481127

View attachment 481128

View attachment 481129

I use their fixed versions.

I am left handed and while back was doing some research on my options. Here is what we have for left-handed or ambi- offset sights...

Fixed:
Griffin Fail Safe
Dueck Defense, Inc. Rapid Transition Sights™
GG&G 45 Degree Transition Sights
XS Sights XTIs (Xpress Threat Interdiction Sight)
ZeroBravo Rapid Engagement Offset Sights (REOS)

Folding:
Griffin M2 sights
TROY 45 Degree Folding BattleSights

Regarding left-hand use of Magpul MBUS Pro Offset Sights

To explore the right/left handedness of the Magpul MBUS Offset Sights I mounted them correctly but held the rifle left-handed. I also mounted them backwards on the left side of the rifle for muscle-memory comparison. Left handed shooting is a mirror of right handedness. Shoulders are switched. Hands are reversed. And barring backwards eye-dominance, everything else is the same. Other than non-ambidextrous fire controls, the operation of the gun is symmetrical.

Which means the right-hand preference of the Magpul MBUS Offset Sights requires a slightly unnatural counter-rotation of the rifle to engage the sights with the eye. Instead of the trigger-side elbow rolling away from the body, the trigger arm must fold under the rifle leading to a counterintuitive twist where holding the rifle still is a new skill to be mastered. I'm not sure the market for left-handed Magpul MBUS Offset Sights is deep enough for Magpul to take the financial plunge, but it would be a nice offering to our often neglected left-handed brethren.

It appears KAC dos not have a left-hand specific model nor any mention mention of reversibility.
KAC 45 Degree 200-600 Meter Offset Folding Sight
KAC M-LOK Offset Flip Up Front Micro Sight

Are there any others worth mentioning?

Excuse me for saying this, folks, but running offset sights means you didn't do your homework. Though what I run will never interfere with any other optic, and should co-witness any optic like a red-dot sight.
As for most things I have seen, it's largely a matter of shopping for, and comparing open sights and optics mounts that will take up less room on the Pic rail. I plan to get a scope mount that occupies little of the Pic rail, and I can easily fit open sights like Magpul BUIS sights, as well. All this, on an Aero Precision Atlas carbine. There's not much rail, yet I can fit everything I plan to use, without interference.
What I'm getting at is, if you take the time to fit everything together, things like offset open sights really aren't necessary.

It depends on the intended use of the weapon, how fast you want/need to transition from optics to irons (and back again), as well as not having to break your grip/hold to employ the BUIS.

So.... there's my homework. ;)

Excuse me for saying this but you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Offset sights are not to "save room" or last ditch effort to sight an ill conceived optic setup. There a couple of legit reason to have offset sights: 1) A magnified optic cranked up high is not at all ideal to for close in shooting, so if one faces a close threat just roll the weapon 45 inward and engage with iron. Some will mount an offset a red dot for the same purpose, which bring us to number...2) Taking any optic into drastic changing temperatures can cause the lens to fog over and are temporarily making them just about worthless or get mud on them or even destroyed. Co-witnessed BUIS are now just worthless, but with offsets roll the weapon, sight up and take the shot.

M2 Sight Deployment Kit

View attachment 481127

View attachment 481128

View attachment 481129

Can you use a offset red dot?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show