JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about a thread devoted to those little pistolas that many a lady and gent pack with them everyday. You know, little pocket autos, wheelguns, derringers, etc., in .22LR, .22 WMR .25 ACP, .32 ACP, .380 ACP, et al.

A few pieces from our line up:

Mice1.jpg

From top to bottom:

• An ancient H&R top-break in .38 S&W, with real pearl grips. This not a carry piece. In fact, I no longer shoot it due to concerns of safety. Still, it is kind of neat-o, as it was a pocket rocket from days gone by.
  • Interarms Walther PPK/S in .380 ACP. My newest carry piece.
  • Keltec P32 in .32 ACP. I've packed this one regularly for a decade, when the snub, for whatever reason, wouldn't work.
  • Ruger LCP II in .380 ACP. My wife's newest carry gun. It, literally, came home today.
  • Beretta 3032 in .32 ACP. Her pistola since forever (the early 2000s) that is being replaced by the aforementioned. We'll likely hang on to it just because.
What are you pocket pistols? Thanks for sharing. :D

DSC03431.jpg DSC03436.jpg
Joseph Barbar Pocket pistol circa 1760.
.41 caliber , flintlock with a "in-line" box lock action.
Silver inlay wire on the grips.
The trigger guard acts as a "safety" ...push it forward it locks the hammer in place... pull it back and the hammer is unlocked.

This one I have not shot , due to the age...but for the well dressed gentleman or lady of the day it would have done just fine.
Andy

Last Edited:
53B7ADF2-0A86-4E18-B247-2C1C6E965939.jpeg My wife's 3" adjustable sight M60 357. We also have the identical gun in 22LR. The 22 saved more money on ammunition for practice than what it cost. This is a very versatile caliber and gun. If she needs to dispatch a deer hit in the road, a coyote at 50 yards or a varmit higher on the evolutionary scale.

Last Edited:
BFC0B1A1-30FB-40C5-866A-0B469FBC07DD.jpeg This is my "pocket" gun. I have 2, one in 45ACP and one 45/410. It fits unnoticed in my jean pocket. It is in keeping with my experiance that if you need to "defend" yourself, it will be close. 45 Long Colt Hornaday hollow points are quite potent.

Past pocket carry was a PPK 9 mm Kurtz or a Smith .38 snubby. Later it was a Colt New Agent .45, and now days its a Beretta Cougar 9 mm. Still love the little PPK the most, about the slickest pocket pistol ever made!:)

View attachment 398079 View attachment 398080
Joseph Barbar Pocket pistol circa 1760.
.41 caliber , flintlock with a "in-line" box lock action.
Silver inlay wire on the grips.
The trigger guard acts as a "safety" ...push it forward it locks the hammer in place... pull it back and the hammer is unlocked.

This one I have not shot , due to the age...but for the well dressed gentleman or lady of the day it would have done just fine.
Andy

You must have some deep pockets Andy.

221CEF63-AAB9-4282-B3D8-00B5238F4F13.jpeg I bought one of these for my wife.........in 380 but it is so automated (?) that it confused her so we went to the revolver. There is no magazine release so difficult to drop the slide on an empty chamber. Overall, I like it better than the PPK, it is smoother and has a tremendous safety design. We shoot it some and it is a gem. Designed in the 30's and a common German officer gun in 32 ACP during WW2. Mine was a remake by Mauser in the 70's.

20171015_165553.jpg My daughter's favorite gun to shoot was my old Makarov in .380. I remember comparing it to a Walther PPK my dad had. The Mak was way more accurate and never once had any reliability issues. His PPK had a history of FTF. I probably should have kept it. Been kind of looking for a Bersa Thunder to fill that spot and give it to the daughter if she likes it.

A nice little CZ-82 would make for an outstanding pocket piece, but a little on the large size!!! I dont remember ever trying it plain jane in a pocket, might not be that much diffrent then the Cougar!:)

I had a CZ83 too (.380) and it was noticeably larger and heavier than the Mak. Still a great pistol, I loved it, but I wouldn't consider it a pocket gun. I did like being able to carry the extra rounds though.