JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"18 U.S. Code § 700 - Desecration of the flag of the United States; penalties; Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both."

Police are supposed to uphold laws, not hold themselves above them. Put that B!+(h in jail.

"18 U.S. Code § 700 - Desecration of the flag of the United States; penalties; Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both."
:s0113:
When was the last time that happen, mid '70s?

Last Edited:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._Johnson

The Court's decision invalidated laws in force in 48 of the 50 states. More than two decades later, the issue remained controversial, with polls suggesting that a majority of Americans still supported a ban on flag burning.[24] Congress did, however, pass a statute in 1989, the Flag Protection Act, making it a federal crime to desecrate the flag. In the 1990 Supreme Court case United States v. Eichman,[25] that law was struck down by the same five-justice majority as in Texas v. Johnson (in an opinion also written by Brennan). Since then, Congress has considered the Flag Desecration Amendment several times. The amendment usually passes the House of Representatives but has always been defeated in the Senate.[citation needed] The most recent attempt occurred when S.J.Res.12 failed by one vote on June 27, 2006.[26]

:s0113:
When was the last time that happen, mid '70s?
Never. If anyone has ever been prosecuted under the flag code, please let me know.

A little anecdote: The flag code spells out in detail when the flag may be flown at half mast, and who can authorize that and under what circumstances. Back when Kulongoski was governor he ordered flags in the state flown at half mast for some reason that was clearly not authorized by the flag code (I can not remember what the specific reason was). At that time I was still naive enough to believe that writing to elected representatives meant something, so I sent him a letter pointing out that he had exceeded his authority and was in violation of the flag code. They must have got a good laugh out of that down at the state capitol. :s0140:

I may receive some hostile fire for this, but if I tried to please everyone, that would mean that I stood for nothing and was of no use to anyone.
Back when I was young and naively idealistic, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. From my point of view, desecrating ones (privately owned flag, or symbol of whatever) falls under their 1st Amendment right. Just the same as if some goose steppin Nazi racist pig was flying his swastika around.

I don't have to like it or agree with it, but to me, it is a matter of principle to defend their rights.

Today, I am not so young, still idealistic, but very jaded. But I still stand by my oath of service. The cool thing now is that I am no longer under the thumb of some ladder climbing officers that were appointed over me.

Think about this: remember when everyone was getting mad about people not standing for the National Anthem at sports events?

I ask you this: What would you do if you were in charge?
Would you commission a special wing of "patriot police", give 'em snazzy looking tall leather boots, and have them go to these events and bludgeon and stomp anyone that doesn't pop tall for the anthem? Because if you do think this way, then your title as person in charge should probably be Chancelor, or maybe Der Fuhrer.

This extreme patriotic zealotry over symbols is dangerous, and is only for people who are simple...ooops, I mean "symbol" minded".
And if anyone wants to question my patriotism, I have a hearty F the H O for ya. Someone from my family including myself have fought in every damn war or conflict that this country has been in for the last hundred years, documented.

Ill be damned if I would further empower an already over reaching government to further chisel away at the Constitution simply because some people are ignorant of the spiritual depth of the 1st amendment.

Granted , I don't believe this cop was making any kind of political statement. I just don't think the flag is the issue here as much as it was an attention getter for the You tuber.

Again, I may receive some hostile fire for this, but if I tried to please everyone, that would mean that I stood for nothing and was of no use to anyone.

There is a bigger picture in this video than desecration of the flag, and this guy does bring it up right around 2:15.

To the vets out there, don't just claim to keep your oath, enlighten yourself enough to understand the burden that it entails.

Last Edited:
Never. If anyone has ever been prosecuted under the flag code, please let me know.

A little anecdote: The flag code spells out in detail when the flag may be flown at half mast, and who can authorize that and under what circumstances. Back when Kulongoski was governor he ordered flags in the state flown at half mast for some reason that was clearly not authorized by the flag code (I can not remember what the specific reason was). At that time I was still naive enough to believe that writing to elected representatives meant something, so I sent him a letter pointing out that he had exceeded his authority and was in violation of the flag code. They must have got a good laugh out of that down at the state capitol. :s0140:
Agree with you 100%. I do get annoyed when I see the flag at half staff for any number of crazy reasons. Hell I think they even did it for crackhead Whitney Houston in her home state after she died. Crazy!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top