JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On the very same day that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women serving in active combat zones, a Democratic congresswoman from New York argued that assault weapons are actually difficult for women to handle and should therefore be banned.

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy — a strong proponent for women serving in military combat roles — appeared on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight Thursday to make the case for Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s assault weapons ban. To that end, McCarthy argued that women should use traditional rifles rather than assault rifles because the former would would be “easier for a woman” to use.

Dem Rep: Women should serve in combat, but shouldn?t use assault weapons | Video | TheBlaze.com

My favorite:

"CAROLYN MCCARTHY: I will tell you, if you talk to professionals, hunters and certainly sportsmen, they'll tell you that's not the gun to use. A rifle is more accurate. It's certainly easier for a woman to be able to do that."

:s0140: A traditional rifle, like a M14, a M1 Garand or a 1903? Home defense with a hunting rifle safer? More material for conservative comedians.

One would think that, after her humongous "thingy" faux pas, she would spend the time to get very well acquainted with firearms. This just reaffirms they are more concerned about pushing their agendas than knowing the facts. You can't argue with people like that.

I am sure no one missed how PM said "murder" and changed it to "kill". It is soo obvious. The more I hear this guy talk, the more I despise him.

My wife just fell off the couch laughing her !@# off!!!!!!!
I swear all of the freekin idiots need to go get some real firearms training,so they know what the hell they are talking about. Better yet send her to the front lines, then she if she keeps the required weapons from the ladies.
That is as bad as vp bonehead saying a shotgun is better for home defense, that is easier to point and shoot then aim.

yet another person who pretends to be a firearms expert, maybe i should start marketing myself as an acter and get millions for pretending like i know what the bubblegum im doing.

I almost got a Beretta CX4 Storm for home defense a couple years ago. After hearing McCarthy, I'm glad I didn't. I'm looking for a single shot .416 Rigby now.:rolleyes:

:s0140: A traditional rifle, like a M14, a M1 Garand or a 1903? Home defense with a hunting rifle safer? More material for conservative comedians.

I would suggest sticking with the military rifles so you'd have a nice bayonet for when you miss.:s0112: Maybe add a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 to the list. Just watch out for tight corners.

Don't make the mistake of believing gun control is about guns. It's about control of the people. The left is taking a page out of the Obama re-election play book. Cater to the low information voter. They tend to get their education from the main stream media.

Funny thing... I have 8yrs. in the Army (3 as a Drill Sgt.), and the females where who consistently score better during range qualifications... maybe if the males weren't thinking about sex every 3-6 seconds they would do better. Mmmmmm.... Sex... OOPS! OK, I'm back now! ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top