JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Firstly, Engrish laws mean NOTHING in these States United, so, they can go pound sand!
Secondly, we made and ratified our own constitution independent of England and it's king and their Laws, and we became a sovereign nation beholden to no one.

How an antiquated Engrish law could be enforced here in these States United is beyond me, we don't recognize any other countries laws as our own, nor do we apply them to our own governance!

In short, New York can go sh!t in a hat and bark at the moon!

The Chief Justice said that the meaning of the Statute "was to punish people who go armed to terrify the King's subjects."

I have recently discovered that both sides of my family have been here since (almost) pre-colonial days….

5AB99537-1A54-46A4-A61B-7D829F8A714E.jpeg

I think common practice is part of the basis for US law, and English practice and common law is part of the basis for British practice, so sometimes is legally referred to in US courts. However, it's useful only to strengthen the case where it agrees with American practice and where there are no written American laws such as the US Constitution. Referring to British practice was clearly inappropriate since the practice in frontier America was different. And any British law or practice would be made irrelevant by the existence of explicit written US law, such as 2A in the Bill of Rights.

Actually, there were a lot of British and European laws restricting weapons. Peasants were not usually allowed to own or carry swords. I think swords were generally allowed to be owned or carried only by noblemen or "gentlemen", not ordinary people or peasants in most of Europe. That's why when peasants revolted they usually had only the belt knives every man carried to cut his food, and farm implements such as axes, sickles, scyths, and billhooks.

I have recently discovered that both sides of my family have been here since (almost) pre-colonial days….

View attachment 1049145
yeah, my ma's ma's side were here pre revoluition.. 1680s or something.. ma's dad's side came here witht he rest of the Athabaskan speakers a few thousand years before that.
Dad, i am not sure. his m a's family came here end id the 19th century.. they were Danes, settled in the Estecada area. If your from there, or Amity.. you might know them. Uncle Elmer was the fire chief for years. his dad, i am not sure., dont know alot about them.

"Common law" :rolleyes: why, I distinctly remember it was "common law" for a man to keep all of his wife's possessions if he divorced her, including all her clothes and children :s0001: it was also "Common Law" that the act of "buggery" was punishable by death (sodomy).

My first American ancestors came from eastern Ukraine, landed near Houston and helped found the great state of Texas, making me and my family Texians!
The other side came from Prussia ( German, Polish), landed in New York and made their way to the Oregon territory!
Somewhere after 1805, both sides met in the valley around Silverton and put down roots that are still there today!

Firstly, Engrish laws mean NOTHING in these States United, so, they can go pound sand!
Secondly, we made and ratified our own constitution independent of England and it's king and their Laws, and we became a sovereign nation beholden to no one.

How an antiquated Engrish law could be enforced here in these States United is beyond me, we don't recognize any other countries laws as our own, nor do we apply them to our own governance!

In short, New York can go sh!t in a hat and bark at the moon!
You guys are getting it all wrong.
You see, by emulating a bunch of dead foreigners, we can throw out the values of those misguided colonial types like Jefferson, Hamilton, and Washington.
This way, we can thoroughly embrace the true visionaries, Richard the Long Shanks, Henry the Eighth, Marx, Mao, Kim Jung ILL, and dare we evoke his memory...Pol Pot.

View attachment 1049145
About 1/4 of my lineage came from a Scottish Highlands tribe after the British conquered Scotland, and they emigrated to Virginia way before the revolution. Another quarter or so was Irish, much later. One ancestor was Perigrine White, a baby boy born November 20, 1620, on the Mayflower as it sat in Boston harbor, first child born to the Pilgrims in America. Some of my lineage is German and later. One great granddad emigrated as an adult from Germany. He was said to be a military officer who was on the wrong side in a coup. One grandmother emigrated as a child of seven from Germany. There were other English and who knows what else mixed in.

My lineage includes a long line of New England ministers, one of whom kept and updated the records of the family each generation. But often the last names of wives marrying into the family weren't recorded unless their family was rich or famous. Each generation someone registered all the new descendants in the appropriate Scottish clan in North America. And a couple of ancestor ladies were also in the DAR, Daughters of the American Revolution. But then there was that grandmother who emigrated from Germany at age seven. She went around as an adult during WWII saying how eager she was for Hitler to conquer America. A huge embarrassment to the family. My mother (her daughter) said her mother might have been imprisoned for the duration had she been male. But fortunately, since she was a female no one took her seriously. Ohhh well....

Desperate ploy by desperate bureaucrats. They know they've got nothing so now their throwing crap in the hope that something sticks.
The court should hold them in contempt for bringing this silly nonsense up at all.

If you cite a 700 year old law based out of monarchy rule to advocate for continuing to oppress Americans of their God given right acknowledged in the 2nd Amendment, well… I'd advocate for the response to be something near that of what used to be the response for horse theft.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top