JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With this year's NRA BoD ballots just out, I thought I'd see if any of the longtime old hands had any thoughts. Personally, based on the reports at Save the Second right now I'm leaning toward "bullet voting" for Buz Mills and write-in Frank Tait and Rocky Marshall, but I welcome additional thoughts.

I will be voting for no more than five candidates, in order to maximize the effect of my support for them by withholding support for everyone else. (Sorry, Kim Rhode. :( )

If you're gonna trash the NRA, please do it somewhere else; this thread is about trying to throw a 4th Quarter 4th-and-Goal Hail Mary, because if we don't win at this NRAAM it could easily be the LAST NRAAM, and if the NRA goes down the emboldened Grabbers will use the techniques developed against it to take down the other 2A orgs in short order... Boybutt-Bangin' Bob is probably already popping a stiffy and yanking his crank fantasizing about weaponizing anti-NRA precedent against SAF and CCRKBA here in WA.

as a life member, i get sent voting goodies. ends up getting tossed in the trash. i don't know anyone on the list and not inclined to spend hours researching them. i don't typically go to NRA sites, i don't get the magazines, last news i heard they were moving to TX.

It would be good for us to share about folks running for some true change with the organization so good thread here. Question, why no love for Kim??? I know she is suing the state of CA regarding their ammo laws. Seems like a very pro-2A advocate, what am I missing?

It would be good for us to share about folks running for some true change with the organization so good thread here. Question, why no love for Kim??? I know she is suing the state of CA regarding their ammo laws. Seems like a very pro-2A advocate, what am I missing?
It's nothing against her personally, just that only the top 25 vote-getters get seats and if they come in at Rhode #25 Tait #26 by a one vote margin...

"In particular members need to send the message that Carolyn Meadows, the NRA President who admitted that she shredded and burned her notes so that they would not be available, should not be re-elected."--Frank C. Tait, filing as intervenor in NY vs NRA

Jeff Knox's take:

The fact that only a minority of eligible members return ballots is, just like the GOP Establishment, exactly what Wanker Wayne and his Weasels rely on--Board change will be a multi-election slog with their excessively-huge board but the sooner we start the sooner we can finish. Seriously, the MAX generally acceptable for a corporation NRA's size is 25 BoD members TOTAL, and recommended HALF that! If it was up to me, I'd go 25, but 12 of those would be elected from the heads of the State NRA Affiliates, and the other 13 from the General Membership, along with a hard two-terms-and-out cap.

But is he a fighter for reforms within? Buz Mills was the only one who fought the Board rubberstamping retroactive approval for Wayne chasing his tail on this ill-planned bankruptcy trying to sidestep the NY lawsuit and his own negligence in not getting the NRA out of NY long ago when any barking moron with two neurons together could have seen this coming.

But is he a fighter for reforms within? Buz Mills was the only one who fought the Board rubberstamping retroactive approval for Wayne chasing his tail on this ill-planned bankruptcy trying to sidestep the NY lawsuit and his own negligence in not getting the NRA out of NY long ago when any barking moron with two neurons together could have seen this coming.
The whole mess is just such a, well... mess. Certainly oversight and bylaw changes are very badly needed. A listing here of your recs would greatly help, as the campaign statements are generic - quite like the judges' statements at election time. Experience, but no personal views.

Right now, based on Jeff Knox's commentary linked above, I've ONLY marked Mills and write-ins for Tait and Marshall. Frankly, unless there's a reason to keep them for previous performance IN NRA SERVICE (sorry, Ronnie Barrett, your refusal to serve anti-gun LEA's doesn't mean anything to the Internal Politics of getting the NRA's house in order, ditto Kim Rhode and her lawsuits) I'm in a When In Doubt Throw 'Em ALL Out mindset. I have two out of my potential five "bullet votes" still available to the strongest two who might show up to change my mind.

And with only two write-in slots and no campaign, I can't give one to Adam Kraut at FPC.

Reminds me a lot of trying to figure out who to vote for when the state sends you a ballot to vote on judges or school board members. Try as you might, seems to be near impossible to find out a damn thing about their political views on anything that might matter. :s0092:

Reminds me a lot of trying to figure out who to vote for when the state sends you a ballot to vote on judges or school board members. Try as you might, seems to be near impossible to find out a damn thing about their political views on anything that might matter. :s0092:
This is why I rely on Jeff Knox--his dad Neal led the original revolt against Lapierre in Cleveland and came close to pulling it off.

In my town there is a small newspaper, the owner has conservative views and publishes his picks & I usually just copy him

as a life member, i get sent voting goodies. ends up getting tossed in the trash. i don't know anyone on the list and not inclined to spend hours researching them. i don't typically go to NRA sites, i don't get the magazines, last news i heard they were moving to TX.
They're legally blocked from moving to TX for now

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top