JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As huge fan of the Fallout video game series I knew I had to build one of these the first time I saw one. I've been collecting the parts for quite some time now and this afternoon I finally got it together :D

Inspiration, the service rifle from Fallout: New Vegas

ServiceRifle.png

And here's mine

IMG_8485.JPG

IMG_8486.JPG

IMG_8487.JPG

Pretty. What kind of wood? Is it heavier?

It's American Black Walnut with a hand-rubbed oil finish. This thing is a PIG. No idea what the actual weight is yet but this being my first 20" A2, the weight and handling are very different from my other AR's. I wouldn't be surprised if this were 8-9lbs. I'll put it on the scale when I get a chance.

If I remember correctly the as issued A2's we had were in the 7 1/2 / 8 pound range....So yours , Joe isn't that much heavier....Great looking rifle by the way...!
( But where is the ramrod...? :p:D )
Andy

I like the idea and yours looks G-R-E-A-T! As far as commitment though, I would probably get some wood grain vinyl wrap and do up a spare set of furniture (mostly because i'm cheap). Thanks for the inspiration.

Ah, a classic! Nothin like an A2 with the old school stock and triangle for end and..................................gasp, ..............a fixed carry handle! Those fancy fangled M-4geries legos guns Are are nothing compared to the origionals as issued!:)

Love wood, already have. Great Job @Joe Link. I like the grip as well, over all just nice.
I built a Fantasy Rifle one time, its on here somewhere at NWFA. I want to build another someday.

Ah, a classic! Nothin like an A2 with the old school stock and triangle for end and..................................gasp, ..............a fixed carry handle! Those fancy fangled M-4geries legos guns Are are nothing compared to the origionals as issued!:)
The way an AR was meant to be.
....3.2.1 let the hate begin.

You guys are too nice. Maybe the non-fans are just being polite :D

The A2 upper was a must, considering what I was trying to replicate. It was actually a bit more difficult to find these parts than I thought it'd be. I found a deal on an A2 kit with with the upper already assembled. The other kit parts were trash but the upper seems solid, and it was far less than other people were asking (about passed out when I priced Fulton Armory). The buffer tube that came with the included "Mil-Spec A2" stock kit wasn't sized nor threaded to standard A2 specs, so I had to order a 7075 tube from White Oak. To round out the build I'll be adding a GI sling, a couple straight 20-round mags, and a wood-handled bayonet (if I can find one).

So @Joe Link, is that the top prize for the next NWFA give away, and I'm finally gonna win something? Hint hint, wink wink!

J/K
HIDE::p

Hah! This one is mine :D

Very jealous, been wanting that same configuration for years.
But it must be in 12.7mm and be marked US govt. Property for it to be my dream gun.
Awesome build Joe.
:s0158:

Judging by your profile, I think you might be a bigger Fallout fan than I am! Believe me, if I could afford to build (and shoot) a 12.7mm I'd do it (but I'd want one of these Service Rifle replicas as well).

Hah! This one is mine :D

Judging by your profile, I think you might be a bigger Fallout fan than I am! Believe me, if I could afford to build (and shoot) a 12.7mm I'd do it (but I'd want one of these Service Rifle replicas as well).
I'm a huge fan of New Vegas specifically, if the AA 12.7 uppers weren't $800 I'd be working on the the survivalist rifle now.
But to tide me over I tried my best to build the "Assault"/Cammando carbine.
20181208_195511.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads