Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Not making it out of the senate

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by nwwoodsman, Jan 25, 2013.

1. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Redcap, Benny503, duane black and 5 others like this.
  2. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Well, but we all knew that, even madam F. Now, hi caps mags, that's another story. We cannot take our eye off the ball.

3. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

4. WheatNuts

WheatNuts Camas, WA Active Member

I laughed at all the people buying pmags for $50, and the guys selling their $300 Wasrs for $1000. Don't even get me started on ARs. I am laughing even harder now that the AWB is pretty much guaranteed not to pass.

I guess guys who are gouging for their crappy rifles will have to lower their prices.:bluelaugh:

5. Russ1590

Russ1590 Clark Co Member

As it was presented to the Senate, it will struggle to pass. But there is WIDESPREAD support amongst both political parties to introduce a 10 round magazine limit. So perhaps those paying $40 to $60 for PMAGS are actually not going to be the losers on this one...

6. Squidly

Squidly Sandy Active Member

Don't laugh too hard. She will not be giving up any time soon. I predict she will be back with a lesser bill and plead for compromise. The other worthless rulers will eventually cave in. The only varriable is the number of iterations.

7. biker bo

biker bo Myrtle Creek Active Member

When the "dear leader" was let into the W.H. The first time I was caught with no black rifles not even a mini 14. I looked at ARs in the gun shops and most were 1400 or so. No primers. They were B.O. 8 months out , couldn't find handgun ammo.

When things calmed down I started to pick up rifles and ammo and mags . I don't have any sympathy for anyone who did not prep for this and are now paying 2 or 2 1/2. Times the normal price. Just my opinion.

8. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

I just caught on to the firearm lifestyle at the wrong time.

9. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

As written, of course it wont!!

I do not think even she thought it would. It a matter of breaking it apart and allowing certian secctions of it through! DO NOT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!
    This is only the begining, there will be more and more...

10. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

All it would take is one more mass shooting like Newtown or Aurora between now and when the bill comes to a vote, and it would pass. No one should be complacent. Even if it fails, if there is another horrific mass shooting in the next couple of years Feinstein would reintroduce it in the next Congress and it would pass. Remember, tons of black rifles have been sold in the past month, and less than 100% of those people are completely stable. All it would take is one more nut like James Holmes.

James_Holmes,_cropped.jpg

11. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

despite it likely not making it out of Senate; KEEP WRITING, KEEP CALLING your representatives.
    emails are fine and all, but calling on the phone and writing physical letters is pretty strong.

12. mdurham

mdurham Vancouver, Wa New Member

Just because it might not make it out of the senate doesn't mean it wont happen at the state level. All you have to look at is NY or California to see what a anti-gun state government can get passed.

kumabear17, rsmccsman, Nimh and 3 others like this.
  13. wolfcreek

wolfcreek Redmond Member

BHO clearly telegraphed how we was setting this up in his initial speech... "I will do what I can on my own" - a long and mostly irrelevant list of executive orders, along with a call for legislation that "will require congressional action". He's hoping that either something substantial will pass (against the odds) and it will look like a victory for him, or that it DOESN'T pass and the next time something happens he will make dramatic and tearful speeches laying the corpses at the feet of congressional republicans who stood in the way, preferably well coordinated with the mid-term elections.

14. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

That's why I'm also being a pest at the state level. Looking to schedule a meeting with my state legislators too.

kumabear17, Nimh, gehrheart and 3 others like this.