JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent the president an email and included your credits. With luck I will get a tour and see why the intination fee is worth the money.

Raven,
Thank you for the info and the better directions. I spent some time at the C post location today it was wet but a lot of fun all the same. I'm going to check out the other two locations mentioned in the next few weeks.

Phil must have gotten loss or didn't make the trip...he missed out.

Again thank you Raven

A few years back my brothers friend (that I no longer have contact with) took me up highway 9 past Arlington to a nice little area to shoot. For the life of me I can not remember where it was at. I was very unfamiliar with the area and did not try to find land marks. Mostly due to the fact i did not own any firearms at the time. So I am hoping on of the kind membes here might know where I'm talking about.
I would also be open to any places maybe within a hour of Lake Stevens.

Thanks for reading my post.

I'm pretty sure you are talking about seapost. Thats the name of the road u turn left on

Thanks Raven!
I hit two of the three yesterday, I expect I missed the road past the fair grounds. A great time even with the rain. Lots of brass to clean and reload now! Sweet to get out! again much thanks Raven.

Hey guys, my name is Jeff. I live in Lake Stevens and I'm new to the site. I'm trying to find a good place to shoot also. I went up Mt Pilchuck last summer to find a good spot, all I found were alot of people hiking. I have 3 boys I need to take out and learn all about gun saftey. Any info will be appriciated.

Im also looking for an outdoor area to shoot. I remember an area I believe is north of Darrington, it was on a dirt road I believe you need 4 wheel drive to get there, and it was like a small quarry, I know what it looks like but I dont remember how to get there... any help would be appreciated.

For all you stevens people theres green mountain. Go out on 92 and get on mtn. loop highway and there will be a big trail head turn out on the left and go on the far right route of whats available. Just stick to the right at every fork. I wouldnt recommend a car but wouldnt be too b ad if its all you had. Not a long distance place to shoot: pistol, shotgun and close plinking is it. No gates to get locked in by but most of it is wide enough for only one vehicle.if you have any more questions I probably can't help simply cause ive been there once. I just settle for 10 acres at my place

Steve,
I'm interested and check out the web page. The intination fee seems a little steep. What does it take to use the action bays, you mentioned that it is for approved members only. What does it take to be approved? I enjoy shooting all the same I don't want to drop that much money to start and not get full use of the facility.

Now that you mentioned it I recall when I contacted MRC they told me there was only one time per year to join and there was a waiting list. Now is there are 35 open memberships to be filled? Just asking as it seemed like before they weren't looking to add members, what changed? The kind gent I spoke with told me I would lucky to get invited to join. I couldn't even get a tour of the facility. As he put it "this is a private club, we don't give tours but look forward to your viewing your application".

The fees seem even more to join now but I would like see facility before I pay the money and know if I have access to all benefits of the club or what other conditions apply? Insight would be appreciated.

I emailed MRC a few months ago and was told to call the club president to schedule a tour, but after my calls were not returned I decided to just drop in. I happend to show up during their cowboy action shoot, and the club president was there, so he gave me a tour of the facilities. He seemed very nice, but at times it almost seemed like he was trying to talk me OUT of applying for membership.

I applied for membership last month, and had money set aside for it; but then I found a REALLY good deal on a 30-06 and scope so I spent it. Now I finally have a deer/elk rifle, but no money for range membership. :p

Hey all,

I recently moved to Washington from Northern California partially because I was tired of a lot of the gun restrictions in Cali. Now that I am here however I have no idea what locations I can or should go to in the area. I live in Seattle but am more than willing to travel an hour or more if necessary to find some nice shooting spots. My birthday is coming up and me and my girlfriend want to go out shooting for it, but I feel like shooting outside (weather permitting) rather than at a range. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:s0112:

I've been shooting up north near Darrington. It's a 1.5mile hike in, but you can shoot up to 600yrds and nobody is around. I need to bring the quad in next time so I can bring out some trash...

-J

I've been shooting up north near Darrington. It's a 1.5mile hike in, but you can shoot up to 600yrds and nobody is around. I need to bring the quad in next time so I can bring out some trash...

-J

Good to see you post, again, John. Hope you're still interested in handloading. Me.....can't figure which gun I want to get, therefore which caliber I want to handload. Just normal decisions. One gun has some of the features I want......another gun has other features I want.

Hey, we could drive up together & share expenses going up to Darrington.

See ya, John.....

bill

Went out shooting yesterday by Oso. Someone decided it was a good idea to take a crap right where everyone parks and not out in the woods. Of course my 4 year old is the one who steps in it. Nasty. Had to throw the shoe in the weeds. Other than that, had a good time.

Last Edited:
Hi everyone here in Washington State. I recently moved up here from Southern California. I now living in Lake Stevens area. I really miss doing long range shooting in the desert. If anyone doesnt mind tell (PM) me where i can find a range or place where I can shoot beyond 200 yards.

I'd shot at Kenmore range and Everett Sportman club before, but they only have 100 yards range and 200 is for member only. I have a semi-auto, shooting at Kenmore is pain in the neck b/c of the "load one round at a time" policy. Everett is much better, they let me load 3 rounds a time after I get the approval from the range master.

I have been to MRC, it was a nice place to shoot. but not sure how to become a member in order to shoot at 200 yards.

I love hunting coyote, 200 yards is what I usually pull the trigger. so if anyone know a good place to pratice 200 yards rifle skill or team up to practice at 200 let me know. I shoot and reload 30-06 for that kind of shooting.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top