JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought some 9mm Norma ammo. No problem shooting, but I'm not able to deprime the brass for reloading. It takes so much of force that I afraid breaking the pin. I have bunch of norma cases with spent primers which I can't reload... Using Lee universal deprimer die. The TECH headstamp is second hard to deprime, but they require less force than norma. Any suggestions?
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/norma-9mm-luger-34-cents-per-round.390451

I bought some 9mm Norma ammo. No problem shooting, but I'm not able to deprime the brass for reloading. It takes so much of force that I afraid breaking the pin. I have bunch of norma cases with spent primers which I can't reload... Using Lee universal deprimer die. The TECH headstamp is second hard to deprime, but they require less force than norma. Any suggestions?
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/norma-9mm-luger-34-cents-per-round.390451
Probably an undersized flash hole.
You might be able to chuck up (read drill motor) a spare pin and spin it against some sandpaper to reduce the O. D. of the pin so it fits the Norma flash hole.

I have sometimes encountered problems when decapping some brands of brass.

IF.....I am desperate for the brass, I use a LEE decapper. Like in this set up below. It's slow, but it works.

Yeah.....I've actually managed to break a few decapping pins. BUT, I returned the broken pins for FREE replacements from LEE. Meanwhile, I had to buy another set just to keep going. Hummm......did that work out as planned?

And sometimes I just use the Universal Decapping Die method.

BTW, this is a good reason to keep that single stage press, even after you've moved on to a progressive press.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......you might also want to ream or swage that primer pocket of the offending brass.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads