JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought some 9mm Norma ammo. No problem shooting, but I'm not able to deprime the brass for reloading. It takes so much of force that I afraid breaking the pin. I have bunch of norma cases with spent primers which I can't reload... Using Lee universal deprimer die. The TECH headstamp is second hard to deprime, but they require less force than norma. Any suggestions?
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/norma-9mm-luger-34-cents-per-round.390451

I bought some 9mm Norma ammo. No problem shooting, but I'm not able to deprime the brass for reloading. It takes so much of force that I afraid breaking the pin. I have bunch of norma cases with spent primers which I can't reload... Using Lee universal deprimer die. The TECH headstamp is second hard to deprime, but they require less force than norma. Any suggestions?
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/norma-9mm-luger-34-cents-per-round.390451
Probably an undersized flash hole.
You might be able to chuck up (read drill motor) a spare pin and spin it against some sandpaper to reduce the O. D. of the pin so it fits the Norma flash hole.

I have sometimes encountered problems when decapping some brands of brass.

IF.....I am desperate for the brass, I use a LEE decapper. Like in this set up below. It's slow, but it works.

Yeah.....I've actually managed to break a few decapping pins. BUT, I returned the broken pins for FREE replacements from LEE. Meanwhile, I had to buy another set just to keep going. Hummm......did that work out as planned?

And sometimes I just use the Universal Decapping Die method.

BTW, this is a good reason to keep that single stage press, even after you've moved on to a progressive press.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......you might also want to ream or swage that primer pocket of the offending brass.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads