JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A recent and popular thread with commentary on poor advertising technique caused me to wonder, "What else bugs me?"

...and this is not by any means limited to NWFA's website. I am not a "gadabout" much elsewhere, but when I visit, or during searches, I find the same thing:

A TITLE that is not a TITLE.

Example title "I have a question." (This title may be viewed by most sentient beings as lacking something.)

Suggested title: "Model 98 Mauser trigger question" (Anybody with a decent answer will respond.)

For Sesame Street Graduates only: One of these things is not like the other.

1694753635883.png

1694753406044.png

Aloha, Mark

Non evident thread titles could be from someone who really does have a question but....

Has no real clue about the subject , item or the like...
Is new to guns...
Tends to think in general terms as opposed to specific terms...
Wants a general "blanket" answer....

I also think that the popularity of texting has brought a truckload of bad writing habits to the table , so to speak.

In any event...non-evident thread titles are annoying.
However there ain't much I can do 'bout them...so I don't think about 'em to much.
Andy

A recent and popular thread with commentary on poor advertising technique caused me to wonder, "What else bugs me?"

...and this is not by any means limited to NWFA's website. I am not a "gadabout" much elsewhere, but when I visit, or during searches, I find the same thing:

A TITLE that is not a TITLE.

Example title "I have a question." (This title may be viewed by most sentient beings as lacking something.)

Suggested title: "Model 98 Mauser trigger question" (Anybody with a decent answer will respond.)

For Sesame Street Graduates only: One of these things is not like the other.
What do you think of this for a thread title for those to whom you refer?

IMG_1491.jpeg

:D :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top