JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm rarely outside let alone talk to my neighbors, I do however occasionally wave to them if we've made eye contact.

Car is usually in the garage, the furnace was being replaced and it was trash day plus the grass dies every summer so what better place to park it? It was suppose to be temporary but the battery died and since the garage was free I did some other stuff in there.

I mentioned to my landlord why I parked on the grass, but they don't want the complaints. I have no problem moving my car because it was just temporary.

I don't know where I stand with my neighbors they're all old...

Cool.....I park on my lawn on occasion. I come home from mushroom hunting and there's Coast Range mud caked all over the underside of the CR-V, on the lawn it goes. To wash the boat out I need to pull the truck way up on the lawn to get the bow well above the stern.
I've ALWAYS been fond of the old people, the stories, wisdom and baked goods! Now I are one, and there's not the respect out there that there was when I was younger.

Does the neighbor ~know~ you, or is there a lack of communication between neighbors in your area? As my log on name suggests, I live rural. Yet I know my ~NeighborHood~ for quite a ways away!!! For me, only me here, it is Situational Awareness.... !

Hey BoonDocks, that Pretty much says it all. My guess is NO. People do not get to know each other anymore. It is a closed isolated mindset and that is usually the root of many problems. Also should the world fall apart, which is very probable anymore, there will be no neighborhood or organized defense that will function. Neighbors will become enemys in the worst way because of it. The older folks see it, the young do not. These are not good times.
The Me, Me, Me society has arrived n full bloom. :(

Learn from the masters of survival. The pack is strong the loner is eventually consumed.

Last Edited:
Okay now that I got some input there's a reason why I park on the lawn. The street is pretty narrow, if there's a car parked on each side you would literally have to inch your way through. I thought I was being courteous...

My problem is, why did they go to my landlord and not ask me? Now I despise all my neighbors.

I understand why you did it, and in reality, A neighbor with true interest would have spoken with your first.

Maybe you could ask the 5 neighbors (one on either side, and the three across the street) in a non-confrontational way to ask you about things related to the house/yard, and give you a chance to change/correct or also reject the requests.

Overall though, In that it is the landlord's house, you need to abide by his/her rules.

Good luck.

Well if your renting than you do what your landlord says to do. Buy your own house and you csn trash it all you want.
Personally If you buy a house then your an ambassador for your neighborhood, when my property value depends on my least classy neighbor then i'd be pissed too if the house next door looked like a scrap yard.
And if your renting you should keep it up even better. Want more parking, move!

When we bought our house we looked down the streets either way the streets a few blocks away, etc making sure there wasn't a white trash hoarder living near by that would lower our house values.
Bet your arse I'd raise hell and complain, especially for a rental.

W
I'm rarely outside let alone talk to my neighbors, I do however occasionally wave to them if we've made eye contact.

Car is usually in the garage, the furnace was being replaced and it was trash day plus the grass dies every summer so what better place to park it? It was suppose to be temporary but the battery died and since the garage was free I did some other stuff in there.

I mentioned to my landlord why I parked on the grass, but they don't want the complaints. I have no problem moving my car because it was just temporary.

I don't know where I stand with my neighbors they're all old...
why is the grass dying each Summer? Are you supposed to water it?

Since it was just a temporary situation, you intended to "fix it" anyway, yes?

Still, if I were in your shoes, I'd be bugged with the chickensh*t approach of communicating with ME via the landlord instead of ME, the guy who waves at neighbors when I see them, whether I know their names or not. Call me crazy.

Since so much of this is about feelings, here's what I'd probably do...

Move the car (mumbling some serious salty language under my breath) and continue to smile and wave. And I'd make damn sure I knew exactly which neighbor had made the complaint.

Then, the next time I saw him out in his yard, I'd approach in a non-threatening manner, offer my hand to shake, tell him my name, ask his, and say, "By the way, Fred, you sniveling d*uchebag, do both of us a favor... Next time you have some issue with with ANYTHING that I'M doing over here, like parking my car on the lawn for a few days... grow a pair of testicles (or borrow some from a man) and tell ME that you wish I'd move it. Who raised you anyway??? Nice you meet you, Fred. Have a great day."

Last Edited:
LOL....I might consider the "Sniveling d*uchebag" and "borrowing some testicles from a man" comments just a little over the top, don'tcha think? But, yeah.

Well if your renting than you do what your landlord says to do. Buy your own house and you csn trash it all you want.
Personally If you buy a house then your an ambassador for your neighborhood, when my property value depends on my least classy neighbor then i'd be pissed too if the house next door looked like a scrap yard.
And if your renting you should keep it up even better. Want more parking, move!

When we bought our house we looked down the streets either way the streets a few blocks away, etc making sure there wasn't a white trash hoarder living near by that would lower our house values.
Bet your arse I'd raise hell and complain, especially for a rental.

If you were my neighbor I'd tell you mind your fking business MURICA!:D

Redcap, Start off any friendship in the ~making~ Like you might want to Keep it... For a while...

With language like You said
I consider those both much more tame than my standard wording and, therefore, perfectly acceptable and even polite.
you would not be keeping a friendship with me, very long, anyway...

I learned how to develop a friendship from some one who Lived in, During the depression, when Folks NEEDED to Rely upon their Neighbor.

That requires, a minimum of politeness... And politeness Starts in the Heart, goes to the Brain, and leaves via Actions.

Speech, is an Action, and is a very Active Action, so in my life, I have learned, through my 64Plus years, to be polite of Speech, even when Angered.

A Well Groomed Mind, is worth. Thousand Times more, than a gross speaking mouth.

Just sharing a thought, "Forum Neighbor" a Spot of Coffee shared, over good speech, goes a Long Way...

Or a Brew, if'n you drink of the waters flavored with Hops...

:rolleyes: philip, sharing from the heart there.... :)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top