JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My neighbor complained about my car because its parked on my lawn and I'm pissed about it. Am I overreacting?

Long story short, one of my neighbor complained to my landlord about it, so my landlord asked to move it off the lawn. I guess whoever complained didn't like the way it looked.

Thoughts?

It's your lawn and you should be able to park 50 cars on it if there is enough room. But I guess you have to abide by the landlord though. Neighbors can just be lame wads sometimes. If you looked hard enough you could probably find something wrong with your neighbors to complain about too, but I would just let it go and they'll move on to the next thing that is disturbing their precious little existence.

Sorry, but my little piece of NE Portland use to be a decent neighbor hood....Then the well kept apartments across from me sold. They moved the resident manager out. They got a management company in, who quit watering the lawn and tending the beds. They moved some non-working adult males in, who have fine cars, lots of them. The cars have very powerful sound systems in them, with "Mega Bass". The maintenance crew doesn't bother cleaning the garbage from the curb. The tenants park thier cars on the lawn now on a fairly regular basis. Now my little piece of property and house is in more of a ghetto.

The guy that bought the well kept house next to me a couple of years ago has weeds and grasses knee deep in the front yard. At least he doesn't have five cars and thumping music, huh?

There's no way in HELL I could get what my house should be worth if I were to try and sell it.

If a person were to live out where neighbors were well dispersed then I'd say do what you want with your property. Living near people means you have a certain amount of responsibility to those around you.

Don't be one of "Those" neighbors, please.

Mike

Sorry, but my little piece of NE Portland use to be a decent neighbor hood....Then the well kept apartments across from me sold. They moved the resident manager out. They got a management company in, who quit watering the lawn and tending the beds. They moved some non-working adult males in, who have fine cars, lots of them. The cars have very powerful sound systems in them, with "Mega Bass". The maintenance crew doesn't bother cleaning the garbage from the curb. The tenants park thier cars on the lawn now on a fairly regular basis. Now my little piece of property and house is in more of a ghetto.

The guy that bought the well kept house next to me a couple of years ago has weeds and grasses knee deep in the front yard. At least he doesn't have five cars and thumping music, huh?

There's no way in HELL I could get what my house should be worth if I were to try and sell it.

If a person were to live out where neighbors were well dispersed then I'd say do what you want with your property. Living near people means you have a certain amount of responsibility to those around you.

Don't be one of "Those" neighbors, please.

Mike

You didn't see the warning signs. You should have sold out long ago

"Thoughts?"

As long as you park between the half-burnt sofa and the shopping cart with the dis-assembled outboard taking care not to obstruct the pile of tires...
...I can't imagine why a neighbor would be concerned about it.

Okay now that I got some input there's a reason why I park on the lawn. The street is pretty narrow, if there's a car parked on each side you would literally have to inch your way through. I thought I was being courteous...

My problem is, why did they go to my landlord and not ask me? Now I despise all my neighbors.

Does the neighbor ~know~ you, or is there a lack of communication between neighbors in your area? As my log on name suggests, I live rural. Yet I know my ~NeighborHood~ for quite a ways away!!! For me, only me here, it is Situational Awareness.... !

I have C&R's where I live. The 600+ acres I live upon, is owned by an 84 year old man, he can not walk but a few feet, so he has an UpScale golf Cart type ATV, and he Micro Manages ~every blade of grass~... It is His Rules, he is the Owner. I used to own, I might again, if things work out... I am looking currently, as I do not personally enjoy "Micro Managed" scrutiny!!! But I follow his lead, when his hired hand fires up the John Deer ... And his ten acre lawn is mowed, mine is mowed... Just the way it is for me.

Is/Was the Parking on the Lawn a recent change for you, or had it been there a while, and been mowed around???? In my AO
A temporary condition of parking on the lawn, a day or two: Toleration, would be there... One Lawn Mowing around that situation, would invite questions from the Owner!!!!!

Again for Me, situational awareness: near by, a (personal) junk yard exists. He owns the place... But RECENTLY, very cleaned up... That brought a curiosity alert to my brain. But I only logged it as change....

Later an explanation, from his very respectful Teenage Son... Everything understood by me now.

Last "done with no coffee in my system" thoughts.... Are you on speaking terms with ~with~ neighbor, And Neighbors, in general, does there exist a "I'll watch your back, you watch mine" Exist in the AREA????

Those are my needs... Which are not your needs...

My need now, is Wake Up COFFEE....

philip, in BoonDocks land it is good to know the AO, and notice any Changes...

PS, edited, noticed your post done, while I was writing... Nice for you to consider the streets needs... Did you share ~that~ with your land's Owner???? Get his OK????

My neighbor complained about my car because its parked on my lawn and I'm pissed about it. Am I overreacting?

Long story short, one of my neighbor complained to my landlord about it, so my landlord asked to move it off the lawn. I guess whoever complained didn't like the way it looked.

Thoughts?
You rent... So respect your landlords grass a little. Geez.....

I'd start reporting all the vehicles that are parked in a spot for more than two days.

My folks live in one of those town home style neighborhoods and when I visit there is absolutely no parking.. After visiting a few times I noticed douchers with 7 vehicles (not running) parked on the street, they also have a guy with two work vans and scaffolding that takes up darn near 5 car lengths on one of the long stretches. AND what gets me is they have neighbors with open driveways yet they park on the street?! That I cannot stand.
Luckily I don't visit often, just family dinners, holidays etc.

All in all "code enforcement" did their job and usually respond in 24-48 hours. I was amazed.

So, start calling in! Perhaps they'll come to understand and accept your lawn parking from then on.

Park it on the street in front of the neighbor:D nah in real life you should work hard to buy your own property and do what you want with it, subject to government approval of course.:s0140:

Okay now that I got some input there's a reason why I park on the lawn. The street is pretty narrow, if there's a car parked on each side you would literally have to inch your way through. I thought I was being courteous...

My problem is, why did they go to my landlord and not ask me? Now I despise all my neighbors.
Why? Cause they know your a member of NWFA, and they don't want to upset you.

Does the neighbor ~know~ you, or is there a lack of communication between neighbors in your area? As my log on name suggests, I live rural. Yet I know my ~NeighborHood~ for quite a ways away!!! For me, only me here, it is Situational Awareness.... !

I have C&R's where I live. The 600+ acres I live upon, is owned by an 84 year old man, he can not walk but a few feet, so he has an UpScale golf Cart type ATV, and he Micro Manages ~every blade of grass~... It is His Rules, he is the Owner. I used to own, I might again, if things work out... I am looking currently, as I do not personally enjoy "Micro Managed" scrutiny!!! But I follow his lead, when his hired hand fires up the John Deer ... And his ten acre lawn is mowed, mine is mowed... Just the way it is for me.

Is/Was the Parking on the Lawn a recent change for you, or had it been there a while, and been mowed around???? In my AO
A temporary condition of parking on the lawn, a day or two: Toleration, would be there... One Lawn Mowing around that situation, would invite questions from the Owner!!!!!

Again for Me, situational awareness: near by, a (personal) junk yard exists. He owns the place... But RECENTLY, very cleaned up... That brought a curiosity alert to my brain. But I only logged it as change....

Later an explanation, from his very respectful Teenage Son... Everything understood by me now.

Last "done with no coffee in my system" thoughts.... Are you on speaking terms with ~with~ neighbor, And Neighbors, in general, does there exist a "I'll watch your back, you watch mine" Exist in the AREA????

Those are my needs... Which are not your needs...

My need now, is Wake Up COFFEE....

philip, in BoonDocks land it is good to know the AO, and notice any Changes...

PS, edited, noticed your post done, while I was writing... Nice for you to consider the streets needs... Did you share ~that~ with your land's Owner???? Get his OK????

I'm rarely outside let alone talk to my neighbors, I do however occasionally wave to them if we've made eye contact.

Car is usually in the garage, the furnace was being replaced and it was trash day plus the grass dies every summer so what better place to park it? It was suppose to be temporary but the battery died and since the garage was free I did some other stuff in there.

I mentioned to my landlord why I parked on the grass, but they don't want the complaints. I have no problem moving my car because it was just temporary.

I don't know where I stand with my neighbors they're all old...

With most rental houses (I assume it's not an apt.) the landlord expects the renter to take care of the yard and that should be spelled out in the lease you read and signed. If he agreed in the lease to maintain the yard it's up to you to make sure he does.

Seems like you don't need that car, put a used battery in it and sell it.
Then buy (and use) a hose and sprinkler and maybe some fertilizer. Maybe then the "old" folks won't be afraid to stop and chat if you make eye contact while watering. (added bonus...most old guys have some pretty good stories** and their wives do a lot of baking). talking to old neighbors may seem like a pain but neighbors that know you will watch things when you're away.

**when I was in my early 20's you can imagine how nice it was for me to have an "old guy" a few doors away that was a retired machinist with an amazing shop in his garage and his wife made strudel and cookies by the ton. Some of his war stories would make your hair stand on end.

With most rental houses (I assume it's not an apt.) the landlord expects the renter to take care of the yard and that should be spelled out in the lease you read and signed. If he agreed in the lease to maintain the yard it's up to you to make sure he does.

Seems like you don't need that car, put a used battery in it and sell it.
Then buy (and use) a hose and sprinkler and maybe some fertilizer. Maybe then the "old" folks won't be afraid to stop and chat if you make eye contact while watering. (added bonus...most old guys have some pretty good stories** and their wives do a lot of baking). talking to old neighbors may seem like a pain but neighbors that know you will watch things when you're away.

**when I was in my early 20's you can imagine how nice it was for me to have an "old guy" a few doors away that was a retired machinist with an amazing shop in his garage and his wife made strudel and cookies by the ton. Some of his war stories would make your hair stand on end.

Albin25, I like how you think about "old folks" been that way ALL my life!

Oregonhunter5, you are out of the tine loop... That Is Already happening!!! Reference the Lincoln County vacation rental fiasco...

FA9, understood. 90+% of the time, my motto is "the Land Lord is always right" ... And in that Ten Percent area, is always my problem! He asked me to "clean UP my CarPort... Meh. I work in my car port, and it is in a constant state of change... He wants to have an OCS style shipshape area, all tidy...

I did my best to make it better, but not good enough... So, I am looking for a new place... Maybe a purchase, but until then, I will do the ~minimum~ required to please his "Clean UP request :cool:

philip, in da BoonDocks, my area looks like the next area...

As a landlord, I understand your frustration and all.
Sorry about that.
Parking on grass can cause any number of problems, especially as Winter approaches.
Spring time the grass starts to grow rapidly and up and under a parked car.
Cars/vehicles tend to leak fluids and can cause a has-mat situation.
A little communication with your landlord would go a long way to help you with the parking situation.
Suggestion: MOVE.. show everyone..
Exercise your rights as an American to your independent thinking ways.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top