JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello......I was interested in a nickel boron coated bolt in my AR, but I don't have $200+ to go buy a BCG online, so I was wondering if there is a place locally I can go or send my BCG to and have them coat my current bolt.

Has anyone ever done this?
How did it come out?

If you have any pics I would appreciate it :cool:.

Thanks.

Why do you want one? There doesn't appear to be any increase in reliability. The AR torture test being done by some of the bigger name "trainers" are well past 15K rounds with standard (mil-spec) parts.

My only experience with nickel boron coated parts is it can flake off. This may have been because of poor application, I don't know. I do know I well not do it again.

I guess I just wanted to make my AR more reliable... that's all. I will look into that Skang.... tx.

With proper care and right parts, your AR 15 will be reliable as it can get. Coating bolt carrier is pretty much marketing attack.

I am not saying it's bad, it's just a personal preference.

With proper care and right parts, your AR 15 will be reliable as it can get. Coating bolt carrier is pretty much marketing attack.

I am not saying it's bad, it's just a personal preference.
Oh I know what you mean..... I do keep it clean and lubed.... not dripping but well lubed... I use that ballistol stuff and so far no issues and I am pretty happy with it. I am new to the AR world thought.

Yes, there is no reason to waste money for something you don't really need.

I'd say when it's time replace your carrier group, then buy coated carrier group to try out.

Oh I know what you mean..... I do keep it clean and lubed.... not dripping but well lubed... I use that ballistol stuff and so far no issues and I am pretty happy with it. I am new to the AR world thought.

Ballistol is not your best choice for lube with the AR platform. Ballistol is mineral oil with a few additives, I use several quarts a year with my black powder stuff and when cleaning after shooting corrosive ammo. There are many purpose made lubes that well offer much greater lubrication, motor oil to clp. A quart of 10-30 Mobil One synthetic engine oil is one of the most cost effective lubes you can use.

+ 10

Honestly I have shot hundreds and hundreds of LC 5.56 rpunds through my AR without a cleaning.

This includes really nasty environments like the NV desert with me low-crawling in dust and sand.

I have yet to have a single FTF or FTE.

I wouldn't bother. If you're worried about a SHTF situation, that's why you keep a few extra cans of break free around.

NIC makes a professionally applied dry film lubricant called Micro Slick. It provides a low friction surface for metal on metal contact. I have used it on a lot of firearm internals and it seems to really smooth things out.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top