JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I believe it. Though one part I know is not true, from experience.

"Next, Jane will print out and mail your form letter to you, along with the dozens or hundreds of similar letters that will go out that day. Thank you so much for writing. Constituent letters like yours are very important, and I always love hearing from the people of our great state. Sincerely, your Senator."

When I wrote, e-mailed actually, the only responses I got were from the republicans. And I swear those responses looked hand typed to me! Not one Democrat rep responded. I did start getting emails from Dems when they were doing town halls, and schlepping for the Dem party some months later though.

"Representatives" my bubblegum!

For those who would rather not write or call your elected representaive becasuse "it wont matter".
Notwithstanding your representatives stance on the issue, each call, letter, email and personal testimony is counted as Pro or Con.
. Your call, mail, letter matters as it is considered in the larger scope of decision making. This information is also available by public records request. YMMV.

I also advocate for everyone in the ongoing battle for your rights to develop a relationship with your elected officials.
Get a face to face meeting with them, articulate your points, follow up with email. Then follow up as the legislation moves through the process. This is a long game neighbors and it will not likely be resolved in our lifetimes.

The legacy we leave is simple, our children, their children, and their children retain thier rights.

~Whitney

Great article. Good to know how to get the most impact, though it pales net to the influence of the money brokers. I already knew they didn't give jack about my thoughts, but surprised that some don't even keep track of what side their constituents are on for a given issue. Makes sense as they are mostly there to be bought and sold. Notice how many get quite wealthy on a middle class salary.

Mr. Smith may have gone to Washington to make a difference, but in reality he came back a bought and paid for whore. The only way we can get their attention is by money - whether it's buy purchasing them or a certain threat to fire the and cut them off from the gravy train.

We have one Republican in our state on the Federal level.

Greg Walden.

I have called and written his office in regards to trying to get assistance with a silencer that has been passed over by the ATF office, more specifically one specific ATF examiner, that refuses to do anything with my application. Younger applications for other ATF items have been approved already.

His office has done nothing with my phone calls or letters.

I may try again after calling and seeing if I can get some names of folks in these positions mentioned in this article.

The two wicked witches of Wa must have me on ignore because i dont dtink their kool-aid...
I keep my local reps on the radar and toeing the line of my constitutional rights.
They heat about my displeasure if they stray.:mad::mad::mad:

I recently replied to a DNC group of fund raisers and specifically asked for a response. Nothing so far. I was thinking maybe we should have a NWFA fund raiser and get some face time with some of them. A nickle each should be enough to get their attention. They are surprisingly cheap.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top