JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Never having had a DAO gun, I decided to take a chance with the P250 Compact. I've never shot a polymer gun by Sig (actually, don't know if they make any others now that I think of it).

The modular design of this gun intrigued(s) me. I like the idea of the trigger mechanism having the serial number on it, and it just showing through a window in the frame. They sell different frames/barrels/slides so you can basically have 3 different versions of the same gun.

Anyway, I picked it up today (got a great deal on it) and went to the range. I shot a couple other guns while I was there but mainly this one. Put 150 rounds through it. It feels good in the hand (grip, angle, balance, weight) and never malfunctioned.

The build quality is probably the nicest I've seen on a polymer gun. If you've shot Glocks or XD/XDm's you've probably noticed how there's little wavy bits near the end of the barrel. Nothing like that with the P250 -- it's straight as an arrow. And while I know there's no functionality issue with it, it's just something I noticed.

The trigger, being double action only, is different for me (obviously). Having only shot SA/DA before, I'm trying to be as objective as I can. I honestly think this thing has great potential. It shoots really nicely. The trigger pull is super smooth but there's no break like I'm use to -- must be a function of DOA triggers.

I started getting forearm pump putting mag after mag through it. The pull is only 5 or 5.5 lbs, but doing it 150 times started getting tiresome.

Seems like this would make for an awesome carry weapon or nightstand gun. You pull the trigger, it goes bang. Repeat as necessary.

Out of the box it has an ambidextrous slide release and the mag eject can be quickly changed to left-handed use. And speaking of boxes, this was the most "no frills" packaging I've ever seen. It was a box with two pieces of foam sandwiching the gun in a plastic bag -- not even form fitting. There was also a lock and one mag.

IMG1108-XL.jpg

IMG1109-XL.jpg

IMG1107-XL.jpg

I've had a SIG P250 Compact, in .45ACP for about 1.5 years now! I'm very fond of it! It only failed once, after shooting over 400 rnds of the cheapest, dirtiest, nastiest cosmetic rejects on earth! Had a FTE. Eats anything, verrry ergonomic, accurate and light. Filled with 9+1 it is 9oz lighter than my stainless Colt Officers Model at 6+1!:D
Bought a Galco COP3 and twin magazine holders and had a very nice sholder rig made for it.
I've often read serious criticisms of the P250, to the point of the frames separating at the seam! That was early production, a couple of years ago SIG completely redesigned the guns production methods and started advertising them seriously. Mine is late production and I have considerable faith in it!:D
Mine has a break in the DA trigger, but I had to look for it for a while! It has an excellent trigger, IMHO.
They're about as compact as a Walker Colt!o_O
I hope you continue to enjoy yours!

I had a P250 for a while. Trigger was heavy, but something you can learn with practice. My issue is that with most SIGs, they just don't fit or sit well in my hand. I've owned a couple SIGs and sold them all for the same reason.

But I still like them. I've had my eye on the striker version P320 for a while now. I may just decide to give SIG a try again one of these days.

Oh man. That is sweet! Since I just purchased a new (to me) gp100 I think wifey would be, dismayed, if I were to come home with another new pistol. Oh well.. I'll just start dropping hints about my Father's Day gift...I think that the SAS model w/stainless slide and the de-burred edges will be coming my way sometime over the next few months, just in time for shorts weather!

Haha! Yeah, although she did commandeer the p22 I brought home a few months ago! Oh well.. As the saying goes, Happy wife, happy life, No need to use a knife. :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top