JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is the way the old models worked (p229.p226) mags worked with ,357 sig or 40 s&w . The sights were not the same you have to adjust your point of aim. The recoil springs work withs standard loads. Finding a barrel may be a problem, 357 sig is slowly fading away.

I have a p320 with both .40/.357 sig barrels. I haven't personally fired it both ways but assuming the previous owner did, they do both fit of course. I think some of my mags are marked both calibers also.

I haven't done it with the 320, but I have with 229s and 226s and I know you can do it with a number of the other "classics", because the outer dimensions of the barrels are the same, as is the lockup/et. al.

What will be different is the point of aim and if you choose, the sights as the trajectory will be different. That is up to you.

The recoil spring might be different too - but that is a minor expense and easily swapped out when swapping the barrels.

The mags should be the same as the body of the cartridges is basically the same - again, this is true with the "classic" pistols - the mags are even marked .357/.40 to that effect. Again, I would imagine it is the same for the 320 - at most they might change the follower, but I doubt it.

For the some of the "classics", you can even get 9x19 conversion barrels, which definitely need a different mag and recoil spring (I tried it without doing that, and it kind of worked, but not very well as there were some feeding failures).

I think for the 320 you would need the "kit"; a barrel/slide/recoil spring. A quick search doesn't show any conversion barrels.

@Luvmegrandkids This is true, correct?
I did in a p229

Welcome to NWFA!
Hello and welcome to the forum! And YES, the information you were given on the Sig P320 is correct. You'll find there's lots of naysayers out there when it comes to the 40 S&W round. But quite honestly it's every bit as good as it's always been!
So yes, all you need is the P320 barrel in 357 Sig for the conversion. There is no need to swap out the spring assembly or the magazines. I have a full size Sig P320 in 40 S&W & it remains one of my favorite firearms. I also use a 357 Sig barrel in the same platform. I find both rounds to be quite impressive, although 357 Sig has always been a more expensive round……. when you can find it.

Others have stated that you cannot convert the thing to 9mm without using a complete 9mm slide assembly with all the goodies inside it, and that is correct also. You'd also need to use 9mm magazines too. Hope that helps! :)

How are you all doing? New to the site and to handguns. I'm buying/baught a p320 40s&w and was told by someone local that all you would need to swap is switch the barrels. Can any body confirm this?

Memo : Full Size P320 can be converted to use 1911 recoil springs.
Not really "converting" anything, just changing from captive to non-captive recoil spring assemblies.

This opens up a very wide range of 1911 spring powers to fine tune your P320 Full Size pistol.
Springer, Gray Guns, Armory Craft are just a few of the outfits that offer the rods.
Just make sure that you order for Full Size and NOT Legion unless you have a P320 Legion.
Armory Craft has a nice kit that comes with 3 springs.
Nic Taylor has more springs at good prices and they're color-coded as well.

Thank you for your openion, but does this answer my question at all?
Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about this disgruntled member, he, she, it, they, them, their, whatever always responds with posts that are less than helpful. Not quite trolling, just seems like personal jabs at someone they don't know.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top