JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This pretty definitely won't lead to any substantive change, but if they get enough signatures, it could force an out and out response which could have potentially positive results down the line:

Suppressors: <broken link removed>
SBRs: <broken link removed>

Maybe worth spreading... maybe not.

When I explain to people that Suppressors don't make you a ninja assassin, but infact lower the sound of a gunshot from roughly the sound inside a tornado to roughly the sound of a rock concert they are usually in shock. Hollywood and their garbage spewing.

If anyone actually thinks Obama's government will do anything to relax gun laws, they have become just as stupid as the Dems and there really is no hope left.

If anyone actually thinks Obama's government will do anything to relax gun laws, they have become just as stupid as the Dems and there really is no hope left.

Does any really think the O admin CAN relax gun laws??

You guys are wasting your time, you NEED to be contacting Congress, all those laws are part of the NFA of 34. Which means only congress can change it.

Anybody sighing these stupid whitehouse petitions and think something might happen must be at the same IQ level as DEM.

As the saying goes, more or less: "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you." My paranoid alter ego sees 17,938 names from one petition and 10,415 names from the other who are on BO's hit list.

Write to your Congress people.

Hey guys, looks like this petition is gonna need some help. I wasn't sure where to put this so I started here, im sure the mods will move it where possible.

Here's the premise.

"Removal of suppressors as an NFA regulated item would eliminate the $200 tax stamp, eliminate legality and travel issues between states, reduce hearing safety concerns related to discharging firearms, and would help people be courteous neighbors when discharging firearms."

<broken link removed>

Here's the problem... it can't be done by EO alone--Congress would have to pass a bill amending the 1934 National Firearms Act to move suppressors out of Title II.

Oh, by the way, since some states ban suppressors at the STATE level, not just restrict with a $200 tax-stamp like Federal, the travel premise is fatally flawed.

I signed it, but. This is the most anti-gun administration we've had yet, does anyone actually think they would actually lift a finger to relax these laws? Ban them yes, but make them easier to get? No way,,, :confused:

And they could also update the fee to account for 80 plus years of inflation. How does a $10,000 tax stamp sound?

Nothing can happen until after the 2016 elections. But we can lay the groundwork gathering supporters in congress for the day we get a "change" for the better

The only way we will see relaxed guns laws at this point on a national level is a revolution. We need to focus on keeping what we have, than worrying about what we don't and losing focus.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the defeatist attitudes some have posted in this thread were accurate, the DEMS would never have passed suppressor use in Washington State, nor would SBR's have been passed by DEMS in Washington State.

So let's not overthink this nor become overcome by self-induced pessimism.

If the legal suppressors petition gets a lot of support, then there will be some pols and BATFE bureaucrats in DC and elsewhere who notice that the issue is popular with the people.

Believe me they will also notice if it gets piddly support because of some let's-give-up-and-whine nabobs of negativism.

Setting up a straw man that the petition will not make suppressors legal overnight (or during this administration) so why bother- is making excuses for not making every effort we can at every opportunity. No petition in recent times overturns laws by itself; it's a step in the process.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top