Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NFA Reform petitions on Whitehouse.gov

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by cybersomatix, Jul 12, 2014.

1. cybersomatix

cybersomatix Portland, OR Member

2. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Done. Time to get rid of the pointless suppressor nonsense.

Redcap and Norm0931 like this.
  3. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I signed it a few days ago when it was in the mid 5k and I encourage everyone to do the same.

4. NWGlocker

NWGlocker Western WA New Member

Been lurking on NWF for too long but at least for this I can say: "Done!"

Redcap likes this.
  5. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

When I explain to people that Suppressors don't make you a ninja assassin, but infact lower the sound of a gunshot from roughly the sound inside a tornado to roughly the sound of a rock concert they are usually in shock. Hollywood and their garbage spewing.

6. d2the3

d2the3 Eugene, Oregon Well-Known Member

Did it!

7. FA9

FA9 Hillsburrito, ORgun Well-Known Member

8. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

If anyone actually thinks Obama's government will do anything to relax gun laws, they have become just as stupid as the Dems and there really is no hope left.

Jerry and Liberty97045 like this.
  9. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

Does any really think the O admin CAN relax gun laws??

You guys are wasting your time, you NEED to be contacting Congress, all those laws are part of the NFA of 34. Which means only congress can change it.

Anybody sighing these stupid whitehouse petitions and think something might happen must be at the same IQ level as DEM.

bakersman345 likes this.
  10. balaperdida

balaperdida eastern idaho Well-Known Member

As the saying goes, more or less: "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you." My paranoid alter ego sees 17,938 names from one petition and 10,415 names from the other who are on BO's hit list.

Write to your Congress people.

11. odinforever2000

odinforever2000 Eugene,Or New Member

Hey guys, looks like this petition is gonna need some help. I wasn't sure where to put this so I started here, im sure the mods will move it where possible.

Here's the premise.

"Removal of suppressors as an NFA regulated item would eliminate the $200 tax stamp, eliminate legality and travel issues between states, reduce hearing safety concerns related to discharging firearms, and would help people be courteous neighbors when discharging firearms."

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/remove-suppressors-nfa-regulated-item/wVgXbqP8

12. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Here's the problem... it can't be done by EO alone--Congress would have to pass a bill amending the 1934 National Firearms Act to move suppressors out of Title II.

Oh, by the way, since some states ban suppressors at the STATE level, not just restrict with a $200 tax-stamp like Federal, the travel premise is fatally flawed.

13. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

And before you guys stir up the hornets nest, you need to remove the" Sporting" clause from the GCA 68, before you start messing with the NFA.

Jerry likes this.
  14. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

As long as we are wishing on unicorn farts, maybe just petition to repeal the NFA entirely?

blackadder and Jerry like this.
  15. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

I signed it, but. This is the most anti-gun administration we've had yet, does anyone actually think they would actually lift a finger to relax these laws? Ban them yes, but make them easier to get? No way,,, :confused:

16. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Edit. Disregard post.

17. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

18. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

And they could also update the fee to account for 80 plus years of inflation. How does a $10,000 tax stamp sound?

Nothing can happen until after the 2016 elections. But we can lay the groundwork gathering supporters in congress for the day we get a "change" for the better

19. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

The only way we will see relaxed guns laws at this point on a national level is a revolution. We need to focus on keeping what we have, than worrying about what we don't and losing focus.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  20. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

If the defeatist attitudes some have posted in this thread were accurate, the DEMS would never have passed suppressor use in Washington State, nor would SBR's have been passed by DEMS in Washington State.

So let's not overthink this nor become overcome by self-induced pessimism.

If the legal suppressors petition gets a lot of support, then there will be some pols and BATFE bureaucrats in DC and elsewhere who notice that the issue is popular with the people.

Believe me they will also notice if it gets piddly support because of some let's-give-up-and-whine nabobs of negativism.

Setting up a straw man that the petition will not make suppressors legal overnight (or during this administration) so why bother- is making excuses for not making every effort we can at every opportunity. No petition in recent times overturns laws by itself; it's a step in the process.

BradC likes this.