JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was why I switched to 9. As I could put more rounds through my carry gun more regularly. This Ruger and the Smith look like something that might be better suited for continuous practice compared to something like an LCP. I tried to regularly shoot the LCP, it wasn't fun, nor inexpensive.

As usual, my timing to attempt funding a better carry option is pretty poor. These uneasy times have me highly considering capacity however.

Yeah I switched to the Shield Arms 15 round mags when things started to get dicey. I don't feel "undergunned" at all with my G48 and 16 rounds on deck.

Wow. :eek:
Fortunately, I favour Ruger revolvers. However, it cannot be forgotten that SIG is also notorious for recalls as of late, too.

The problem is they didn't do a recall instead came up with a half-assed excuse for an "upgrade"
https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-voluntary-upgrade-program
Total cheese-ball bean counter move. F' those guys. I would not own a Sig that Cohen had anything to do with

With lefties like you and I making up about 10% of the population, there's not a lot of incentive to cater to us specifically. Even less lefties actually care.

Lefty here.... true. I've just learned to adapt over the years. I don't mind too much and also use a right handed Rem. 700 while hunting.

I'd prolly slum it
I did not know what that means so I looked it up on Urban dictionary. Still doesn't make sense unless you're saying you'll carry it for the experience of carrying a cheap, below average quality pistol? (I don't think rugers are bad)

All the manufacturers have instances of recalls. In light of Ruger's production volume, statistically, as a percent of shipments I don't think they are out of line. I also feel Ruger is much more pro active because they self insure and the fact attorney's went after them like sharks when people didn't follow correct loading procedures on their early single actions.
Overall, Ruger probably gets between an A- and and A grade. When I was in school, my mother would have been ecstatic if I brought home similar grades. Too many folks want A+ with items they purchase when they seldom deliver an A+ in their work performance.

Smith has had platforms that should have been recalled and were not.
Sig avoids recalls but offers updates.

I

If they make a stainless version I think the Ruger would take the cake. Otherwise cutting a corner with the phosphate just equates to a rusty carry gun.

I'll stick with my Kahr PM-9 thanks. Yes, it is single stack, but if I am somewhere where I need more than 7 rounds, I didn't plan correctly. Kahr PM-9 has no safety, a long smooth double action metal trigger, and can be pocket carried relatively easy.

To each their own.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell......

Held one today at bi-mart in Hillsboro. Felt better than the 365 stock but it also feels like a airsoft toy imo. I like what it offers but there's really no point to hop ship if you've already got a 365 /43x/48/365xl/shield Plus.Trigger is ok but not spectacular either feels like there's a good bit of take up then it hits a wall and breaks about the same as a ruger security 9.

Good price point and features at $435 off the shelf for sure if you don't have a micro 1.5 stack and are looking to come off a single stack. You get optic cuts and a fiber front sight and it's elevated to co-witness.

Last Edited:
So the P365 is advertised as 10+1, hellcat is 11+1, Max 9 is 12+1.... Waiting on Smith and Wesson to make a 13+1. And Glock to make a G43 sized 10+1 in 15 years
S&W has the Shield 2.0 Plus, being a mild double stack that goes up to 13 +1. This Ruger is really a 10+1 because that's the base magazine supplied and in free states you can get a 10 and a 12 as standard. It's all semantics anyway... Everyone wants in on the micro double stack craze...

I'll stick with the P365, in Tac Pac mode it's a 12+1... :eek:

Edited - late to the party again, I gotta start paying attention to the post dates :(

Last Edited:
S&W has the Shield 2.0 Plus, being a mild double stack that goes up to 13 +1. This Ruger is really a 10+1 because that's the base magazine supplied and in free states you can get a 10 and a 12 as standard. It's all semantics anyway... Everyone wants in on the micro double stack craze...

I'll stick with the P365, in Tac Pac mode it's a 12+1... :eek:

Edited - late to the party again, I gotta start paying attention to the post dates :(
Hm, since you put it that way, I'll stick with my $200 new ec9s that holds a whopping 3 rounds less than the max.. that shoots like a dream.

Held one today at bi-mart in Hillsboro. Felt better than the 365 stock but it also feels like a airsoft toy imo. I like what it offers but there's really no point to hop ship if you've already got a 365 /43x/48/365/plus.Trigger is ok but not spectacular either feels like there's a good bit of take up then it hits a wall and breaks about the same as a ruger security 9.

Good price point and features at $435 off the shelf for sure if you don't have a micro 1.5 stack and are looking to come off a single stack. You get optic cuts and a fiber front sight and it's elevated to co-witness.
I'd like to hold one, as well as the SW.

Thanks for the report!

Best I could give for a 5min finger analysis tbf.

I would have to shoot it to truly tell if it's good or bad. I like my 365 for it's size, factory 15 option and features you get for a $500 gat. However, I am not too wild with these micro squirrly shooters at the range (again this is purely subjective to my experience and opinions with my own empircal evidence at the range). So far the Shield is my best balance between small carry and effective use at the range.

If I did not have one of these micros I may have actually been tempted by the Ruger Max to make a purchase, as I said it feels good in the hand out of box and points well. But I am highly sold on the Plus allowing me to take existing holsters and lights right out of the box along with after market support for something not Glock.
Oh and one last thing, why in the year of 2021 do we need to have manual safeties? Have people not learned to keep the booger hooks off the gas pedal til it's go time? Fortunately it's ez on ez off like a 1911.
YMMV

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews