JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wasn't interested in the Sig. Not really interested in the Hellcat.

This guy, maybe. Manual safety is kind of a meh to me...

1615835352931.png

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) is excited to introduce the MAX-9™ – a pistol with all the features of a full-sized handgun in a size that is comfortable for everyday carry. Chambered in 9mm Luger, the Ruger® MAX-9 has an impressive 12+1 capacity. It measures just 6″ long, has a slide width of less than 1″, weighs 18.4 ounces, and is equipped with a 3.2″ barrel. This micro-sized pistol fits comfortably in an inside the waistband holster or pocket holster, or conveniently in a concealed carry purse.

The MAX-9 features a tritium fiber optic day/night front sight that adapts to a variety of light conditions, and comes optic ready for direct mounting of co-witnessed JPoint™ and Shield-pattern micro red dot sights. The 10-round magazines fit into a comfortably sized, medium-textured grip and 12-round magazines not only provide additional capacity, but also increase the surface area of the grip. Standard models are available with an ergonomic and intuitive thumb safety that operates similarly to those found on 1911-style pistols, and Pro models are available without the external manual safety lever. All models feature an integrated trigger safety and a loaded chamber viewport that provides visual indication of a cartridge in the chamber.

"The Ruger MAX-9 is a game changer," said Ruger President and CEO Chris Killoy. "With industry-leading features at a highly competitive price, this American-made handgun will provide a versatile option for consumers looking for a superior offering in the popular micro-compact market."

Like many Ruger pistols, this striker-fired pistol is built on a precision-machined, rigid aluminum fire control chassis and fitted with a durable, through-hardened steel slide and accurate hammer-forged barrel. The MAX-9 ships with two E-Nickel Teflon® coated magazines: either one 12- and one 10-round, or two 10-round magazines.

I notice that once again the safety is only on one side, But an ambi safety is not an option for lefties, again.
No more rugers for me.
With lefties like you and I making up about 10% of the population, there's not a lot of incentive to cater to us specifically. Even less lefties actually care.

That trigger look terribly long even from here. With the exception of the MK series pistols Ruger autos have been a big old mehhh from me for the better part of the last 15-20 or so years. YMMV

If I can actually get my hands on a hellcat and maybe this, I'd like to see which might be the better choice. I've been looking at the Kimber EVO and I'm still considering it. However I did carry a LCP forever and Ruger has always been good to me.

So the P365 is advertised as 10+1, hellcat is 11+1, Max 9 is 12+1.... Waiting on Smith and Wesson to make a 13+1. And Glock to make a G43 sized 10+1 in 15 years

Looks kinda like an LCP and an LC9 had a kid.

Underwhelming. :rolleyes:

Ruger does a good job releasing new stuff but sometimes I just don't get it.

I'm not a Sig fanboy but the P365 is worth the extra money in my opinion. Love my original and plan on adding the XL to the stable. The modular design is simple and ingenious. I drop the FCG out every time for super easy cleaning. That Ruger isn't speaking to me.

I'm not a Sig fanboy but the P365 is worth the extra money in my opinion. Love my original and plan on adding the XL to the stable. The modular design is simple and ingenious. I drop the FCG out every time for super easy cleaning. That Ruger isn't speaking to me.
Xl is getting a lot of love from gun writers.
Sometimes that's just money talking, but I see smiles on the faces of people running that gun. A 90° trigger would really get me drooling.

Since I sold off my LCP, every carry gun I've gotten since has not filled the role.

I like the idea of capacity, it always lures me in. Each time I do it though, it just kicks me in the butt.

Maybe I need to stop chasing the dream of a tiny dece capacity 9 and just go back to something small again.

It looks like S&W were able to retool their 7 & 8rd mags to hold 10 and 13rds, respectively. Available in the Pro series line too. A flat trigger and a milder grip texture than the 2.0 version. I love my Shield, but I want a version that mimics the G48 in barrel and grip length.

S&W has failed again to lure me back to the Shield. Oh well, a I'll be sticking with my a G48 till they do. :(

It looks like S&W were able to retool their 7 & 8rd mags to hold 10 and 13rds, respectively. Available in the Pro series line too. A flat trigger and a milder grip texture than the 2.0 version. I love my Shield, but I want a version that mimics the G48 in barrel and grip length.

S&W has failed again to lure me back to the Shield. Oh well, a I'll be sticking with my a G48 till they do. :(

they're making ones with 4" barrels like they did in the 2.0 shield line.

M&P shield plus 13+1 | Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming Gun Owners the reviews I've found indicate this even smiths website reflects. It also accepts right out of the gate all the prior holsters you've had for shield and all the aftermarket in terms of sights/lights/lasers etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top