Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

newb

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pitpride, Jan 31, 2011.

1. pitpride

pitpride Olympia New Member

FNG! 10year old son wants to learn to hunt. Dads gotta learn/and teach him. Any/all help advice appreciated greatly...

2. olyshoots

olyshoots Vancouver USA Member

Welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of good resources here.

3. pitpride

THANKS!

4. Page.k

Page.k Seattle Active Member

How do you like the site so far? You can find some of us most night in the Chatbox one the bottom of the forum page.. I'm in that city called Seattle...
    Washington Arms Collectors Gun Show – Monroe, WA: 02-12-2011 to 02-13-2011 Washington Arms Collectors Gun Show – Puyallup, WA: 02-26-2011 to 02-27-2011

5. pitpride

Page thanks for asking. Well it's been a crash course for me. I've never been hunting. So I've been pricing out/prioritzing the necessities. Studying field dressing, got through the online hunters safety, got little man half way through it last night. It's just a feel good situation because its all about my boy and I think he knows it. He is my oldest of three boys and the attention/interaction with dad is just what he needed. I've seen his posture, independance, and attitude really change in the last couple weeks maturity and responsibility that I really did not expect. As far as this website, it's been a great resource and plenty of knowledge/willing folks to help out and I can't say enough how thankfull I am to get help. So thanks for that.

6. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

What type of hunting are you thinking about? Big game, small game, birds....?

7. pitpride

well depending on the timing of the Hunters safety course completion I am thinking pheasant might be our first hunt. My son is **** bent on deer and my big dream is Elk. So a little of everything aside from small game. Might do coyote if the offer presents itself but Im thinking in the short we'l be doing it for the meat and see where that brings us.

8. Page.k

You can find some of us most night in the Chatbox one the bottom of the forum page.. So we can answers your questions and talk about other things. Full chatbox link Smilies - Northwest Firearms Community

9. pitpride

-looking for the chat box on the bottom of the forums page but do not see it?

10. Page.k