JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The government of New Zealand is ordering 8,800 LMT Mars-L rifles from US gunmaker Lewis Machine & Tool, to equip its Army, and replace its old Steyr AUG rifles.

LMT beat out Colt, Steyr Mannlicher, Beretta, CZ, FN Herstal, and Heckler and Koch to win the contract. Supposedly, LMT outperformed these other rifles in the Army's evaluation process.

Are LMT rifles really that good??

New Zealand military chooses U.S. firm for new rifle

ss16-arrflpst-lmt-mars-682x383.1454968618.png

Are LMT rifles really that good??

An extremely subjective question, but in my opinion, yes LMT rifles really are that good. They are tried and true reliable firearms. They have always had a great reputation for quality and innovation. They were one of the first companies to design a monolithic AR upper with interchangeable barrels.

LMT is good to go. they also, supply/supplied the SOPMOD m4 stocks to the USAF. matter of fact i have one of them. its from a buddy who is an active PJ that sent it to me once they upgraded his rifle again.

Well, laff all you want to at the Kiwis and their tiny Army, but you sure as hell would NOT like to take them on. My NZ Warrant Officer-on-loan - a Royal New Zealand Engineer, was 6ft 8in of Pakehah-hating Maori, just waiting for his time to be up so he could go back to the tribe and be chief like his dad.

My personal experience of New Zealanders and their armed forces is of quality and not quantity, and I'd happily go to war with them any time.

They have some seriously good gear, too, and following the example of the British Army, are equipping their dedicated marksmen with the LMT DMR.

Go look at them on Youtube, especially the ramp ceremonies where they honour their dead from Afghanistan, and afterwards, with parade square hakas that will leave you in tears.

This is the QAMR haka -

If the Pakehah had faced Maori-like natives when they first arrived in Australia, instead of the meek run-away Aborigines, Australia would likely be very different today. The British had to fight real wars with the Maori people, and got their butts kicked on numerous occasions until the so-called Treaty of Waitangi settled it in the Pakeha favour. It is now under review, and the natives are taking more and more of their country back from the whites with every passing year.

The NZ Defence Forces are VERY heavily peopled with natives.

Imagine the US Armed forces consisting on only 2/3 Caucasian/black, the remainder being Native Americans....

Make ya think, eh?

tac

Last Edited:
Well, laff all you want to at the Kiwis and their tiny Army, but you sure as hell would NOT like to take them on. My NZ Warrant Officer-on-loan - a Royal New Zealand Engineer, was 6ft 8in of Pakehah-hating Maori, just waiting for his time to be up so he could go back to the tribe and be chief like his dad.

My personal experience of New Zealanders and their armed forces is of quality and not quantity, and I'd happily go to war with them any time.

They have some seriously good gear, too, and following the example of the British Army, are equipping their dedicated marksmen with the LMT DMR.

Go look at them on Youtube, especially the ramp ceremonies where they honour their dead from Afghanistan, and afterwards, with parade square hakas that will leave you in tears.

This is the QAMR haka -

If the Pakehah had faced Maori-like natives when they first arrived in Australia, instead of the meek run-away Aborigines, Australia would likely be very different today. The British had to fight real wars with the Maori people, and got their butts kicked on numerous occasions until the so-called Treaty of Waitangi settled it in the Pakeha favour. It is now under review, and the natives are taking more and more of their country back from the whites with every passing year.

The NZ Defence Forces are VERY heavily peopled with natives.

Imagine the US Armed forces consisting on only 2/3 Caucasian/black, the remainder being Native Americans....

Make ya think, eh?

tac

I would not want to fight these men either.

After watching that video, I think that they would probably cook and eat you after they killed you.

Kudos to LMT for having a product of that quality.

The snarky bastard in me wants to toss a chairshot about not following Ronnie Barrett's lead and refusing to do business with Victim Disarmers, but if they had it probably would have gone to the International Merchants of Death from Herstal or Oberndorf anyway.

There's 50,000 police officers in New York city. I'm pretty sure they're all armed to be actually called a police officer in this country. for whatever that's worth
The best thing to ever come out of New York is the "New York reload".. so at least they did something productive over there.

While the remarks continue to flow about how small NZ is, and how miniscule their Army is by comparison with the number of people on the streets of New York looking for handouts, I'd be interested in your take on the likely invader of New Zealand's home territory....

As for the value of the NZ forces in a scrap, NZ has ALWAYS punched way above its weight - from Gallipoli in WW1 to most of WW2, they have been there, done that.

tac

While the remarks continue to flow about how small NZ is, and how miniscule their Army is by comparison with the number of people on the streets of New York looking for handouts, I'd be interested in your take on the likely invader of New Zealand's home territory....

As for the value of the NZ forces in a scrap, NZ has ALWAYS punched way above its weight - from Gallipoli in WW1 to most of WW2, they have been there, done that.

tac
I'll take me a Gurkha.. they weigh like 90 pounds. lol

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews