JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, someone mentioned in another thread what people's New Year's resolutions with guns were. Turns out mine is to finish a bunch of my projects that are taking up space in my closets, safes, cabinets, parts bin, and stock rack. Some of these projects are slow based on funds availability, others due to difficulty in locating parts, others due to lack of a certain tool, others simply due to boredom or frustration.

So I decided to start a build thread as a way to keep myself motivated. As I work on a project, I can post pictures and updates.

This is just a quick list of what I can think of off-hand that I have either started or at least have major components for:

Two Savage 99 projects. Both need new wood, both need rebarelled. One in .30-30 and one in .300 Savage.

Swedish m/41 sniper. This is a recent decision of something to do with some of my existing stockpile of receivers. Have all the parts except a barrel, sights, and scope mount.

1895 Chilean Mauser rebuild. I had to strip an 1895 Chilean due to extreme pitting. But the stock was awesome, so it is getting used to rebuild another carbine. Getting the barrel soon, then just need to fit, assemble, and finish a handguard repair.

Twede. Yep, you read that right. It's what happens when you take a Turkish 98 Mauser action, which is large ring with small threads, and screw on a Swedish Mauser 6.5x55 barrel. This one needs just a touch of metal work and finish stocking.

At least three other sporter large ring 98 Mauser projects. I have one still in 8mm. Tempted to ream it out to 8mm-06, but probably won't. Need to finish the stock work.
Two others, one in .30-06 and the other in .35 Whelen. Need barrels screwed on and chambers punched, then stocked.

.45acp conversion Mauser. I have a Rhineland arms conversion kit on a VZ24 action in a 98k stock. Getting close, should be interesting.

98k restocking. The stock burnt off this Mauser, but not hot enough to damage the springs, so I need to find a stock for it.

Gewher 98 (or 98 karibiner) sniper variation. Have the complete action, need the rest.

03a4 single shot .22 either lr or mag. Using a recovered drill receiver. This one is farther away, but could jump up the list if I get motivated.

1917 Enfield restoration. Barrel on the first effort was bad. Have new barrel, just need to rebuild and refinish.

Too many other 1903 and 03a3 projects to mention. Mostly using previously butchered receivers to recreate either rare variants, like the 1921 Ames Carbine or the 1903a1 sniper.

That's the short list. There are more, and this is not including my customer work. I have some cool projects there as well.

It is my goal to update this thread at least once per week with photos. Hopefully it keeps me motivated and all of you entertained...

I'm going to try and buy less, but my projects this year are my new Savage 10FCP and my AR10.
I want to paint both in a camo pattern, and just finish the Savage to be range ready, which only needs a couple small things.
I need a crush washer for the muzzle brake, adjust the trigger down, and was thinking about drilling the stock for a adjustable cheek riser.

I also wanted to stipple my glock, but I'm a little neevous about that

I would actually like to go hunting. Nothing major, maybe just some bird or small game. I'm not sure what is even feasible. While I grew up with one hunter in the family, he lived fairly far away and I never got to go with. I know people that go hunting, but I feel like I would be intruding if I asked to go.

As far as projects go, I want start with some work on my 870 or a retro M-16 build.

Last Edited:
I am going to build an authentic full scale mountain howitzer this year. I have lots of automotive projects two new businesses and an airplane to get going so plenty to do. Have a bear hunt scheduled in the fall and will be moving one of my research vessels to the coast for fishing.

Last Edited:
I would actually like to go hunting. Nothing major, maybe just some bird or small game. I'm not sure what is even feasible. While I grew up with one hunter in the family, he lived fairly far away and I never got to go with. I know people that go hunting, but I feel like I would be intruding if I asked to go.

As far as projects go, I want start with some work on my 870 or a retro M-16 build.
Just ask man! Most hunters are eager to teach their tricks to new people interested in the sport.

Edit to add: 45acp mauser sounds awful neat!

I still have five 80% AR lowers that need to be carved out. Every one of them is going to be an 11.5" barreled pistol. I also want to double the current quantity of my ammo cache. ;)
Starting to consider a 12.5 myself... if I can find data on the M4A1 GL/SSC to replicate it. Cash-flow has to improve quite a bit though... Mk 18 Mod Briefcase has already been straining things and the really expensive parts are still yet to come.

You want to double your ammo cache, too?

;)
I was referring to the OPs promise to post pics of his builds... I have more than a few projects piled up and more on the way...
but yes, double at minimum. I've picked up half a dozen shotty's in the last couple months(some just parts guns) but my 12guage supply is pathetic to say the least! and with cans set for parole later this year, my sub sonic 9mm and 300bo supply ain't even...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top