JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Late to the party but my resolutions would be to shoot more, and to get around to putting a peep sight on an AK dust cover (optics still a no go on the dust cover for me). Just waiting on the rear sight at this point.

I resolve to obtain a Chambers' kit in either a Pennsylvania Fowler:
d6-600x106.jpg

or New England Colonial Fowler/Militia Musket:
RK-09.jpg

My New Year's Resolution is to freeze new gun purchases and get more practice time with the guns I already have. I also want to continue to invest in quality accessories and tools.

Let's see....

* buy 1st suppressor
* set up gun trust
* buy 80% jig
* shoot/practice more

Don't have a lot of guns I plan to buy in 2018, but if I do, the top contenders are a good .308 bolt gun to start some long range work, a lever gun in .357 and maybe take a look at the M&P 2.0 to update the daily carry.

I definitely would like to shoot more. Finish reloading room (just needs trim out). Prioritize and tackle/finish some of the many gun projects. One that comes to mind is build a para Fal out of the parts kit I have had laying around for ten years. First up is a 7.62x 39 ar pistol build though. ;)

I want to get myself an ak, my chl since i turn 21 this year, build an ar15, stock up on ammo, and if i am lucky i want to get a good bolt gun. Also training. I wany to better myself at shooting and i want to be able to hit steel at 400 yards consistently with irons on mu current ar15.

I want to get myself an ak, my chl since i turn 21 this year, build an ar15, stock up on ammo, and if i am lucky i want to get a good bolt gun. Also training. I wany to better myself at shooting and i want to be able to hit steel at 400 yards consistently with irons on mu current ar15.
If you do get an AK, just learn the basics and you'll be able to hit steel at 300 every time. Even 400 probably.

My New Year's Resolution is to freeze new gun purchases and get more practice time with the guns I already have. I also want to continue to invest in quality accessories and tools.
That goes for me too... sort of. I have several handguns that need new sights and my final AR to finish up. I also have a few "carry" guns that I don't have holsters for yet... they've only ever been "carried" to the range in a case.

More shooting, less procrastinating and excuse making.

No more impulse buys... my old F150 needs some love this year, I need to put some $$ into the old boy.

Well, the new year is fast upon us. Do you have any plans, projects, or other gun (and related) adventures planned for 2018? Do share! :D
Always worried about the wife really going apebubblegum about my gun purchases. This year I decided to just do what I want. Got a gun that has no purpose other than make me smile when I pick it up shoot it and show it to others.

Yes. However, its stamped steel, and almost the same weight as the polymer handguard. Removing the bipod would have a bigger affect on weight, but it was a PITA to install and it fills in the gaps.

Edit: Fixing grammar.

Last Edited:
Well, the new year is fast upon us. Do you have any plans, projects, or other gun (and related) adventures planned for 2018? Do share! :D
Defiantly going to build my AR pistol in 300 blackout
8.5in barrel w/kak muzzle device
Debating on a red dot or a 1-6 primary arms scope.
I plan to make two of these in time one for home defense one for brush hunting. The optic will determine this.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top