JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This little gun is based on the P22, looks good. Hoping it comes out soon and is easy obtain. I want one... I was going to buy a P22, not anymore :)

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/01/16/walther-pistol-kompakt-pk380-380-acp/

picture-12-17.png

The PK380 features:

* 8+1 capacity
* polymer grip, steel frame and slide
* 3.66″ barrel
* Overall length of 6.5″
* Picatinny-style rail
* Ambidextrous mag release and safety.
* Drift-adjustable rear sight.
* Unloaded weight: 19.4 ounces
* Width is 1.2″

Four models will be available:

First Edition: a limited series model with "Furst Edition markings", holster and two mags.
Two tone: nickel-plated slide.
Standard: All black
Laser model: Standard model with laser

They should be available later this year.

2009shotshow-day1-2009shotshow-01152009-019.jpg

From the press release:

For 2009, Walther® has once again exceeded expectations with the introduction of the new PK380. Engineered on one of Walther's most popular platforms, the P22, the PK380 delivers .380 power into a lightweight, ambidextrous pistol. Versatile, comfortable and nearly the same size as the P22, the Walther PK380 continues the company's longstanding tradition of German innovation and technical expertise.

Any news on this pistol? I just saw the ad in American Rifleman yesterday. My wife prefers the feel of the P22, but we would both prefer the stopping power of the .380 for her to carry when hiking. I called a local shop this morning and he checked all his suppliers and there aren't any to be found. I see it listed on Davidson's, but no units are available.

Anyone have any info on when this is supposed to be available?

Thanks,
Dave

I just saw the ad in American Rifleman yesterday.

Ditto. Has anyone checked Keith's? They're usually the first guys in town to get any of the new stuff coming out. Nice looking piece, but I'll stick with my Sig 232 for now. I actually found a box of .380 ammo the other day that I didn't know I had. With the scarcity of .380 ammo, I felt like I had hit the jackpot! :s0114:

It's tempting....

Just wish .380 was more readily available-this is going to be one of the main reasons people are going to hesitate to buy it. I'm dealing with this too with the Sig P232.