JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought this as a "Wife Trainer". The reviews were good and It is very close, in size,
weight and appearance to my S&W 469. It's an accurate shooter right out of the box.

Proper loading of the "Revolver cylinder" style magazine is a little tricky. The pellets
have to be completely seated in the magazine, other wise their skirts will drag on the
mechanism. I found a ball point pen and a hard surface to rest the magazine on worked
great.:s0155:

It's a little pricy, but the quality is there and being able to practice my (Winter) marksmanship
in the garage will pay for itself in the long run.

Jack...:cool:

Pel-gun-open_zpsa3b93cda.jpg

Last Edited:
Very nice. I've got a pistol that uses similar rotary cylinders for loading the pellets - yes, it's a bit of a pain, but it works well when it's properly loaded. Mine is a clone of a Beretta PX4 Storm. These do make great training pistols, especially with the blow back of the slide.

etrain16,

Aside from the look and feel, I was really impressed by the pistols accuracy. The only change i'm going to make is to replace the front sight blade with an orange fiber optic the same as my other handguns.

Some, but not all of the spec. sheets I've seen on the CP88 show that you can replace both of the sights.

I have an e-mail into Umarex about how to remove the sights. That front blade looks like it is just pressed
into place. There are a couple of fiber optic sights from Midway that look like they would fit.:s0155:

John at D&L Airguns says the barrel has to come out to remove the sight.

Hopefully he will tell me how to do it. I would like to have an exploded view
of the pistol to work from. Hate to Bugger it up.

I'll post pictures when it's finished. I'll also post the exploded view, if I can
find one.

Added the plywood when I found pellets were going through 4 layers of
heavy cardboard. Targets are squeaky toys from the Dollar Store and the
Ping Pong balls are Halloween Decorations. Later found the PP-Balls would
shatter if hit on the seam and pellets would "Bounce Back" off of the squeaky
toys when the gun pressure got low. TP tubes painted white worked well though.

*Sorry can't seem to turn the @#$%^& under lining off. Jack...:cool:

PistolTargets_zpsd82327e5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR