JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm currently on terminal leave after serving 21 years in the Army. Grew up in Bonney Lake, WA and just moved back here from my last duty station in Hawaii.

Glad I ran across the forums!

-Chris

Hey all! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm currently on terminal leave after serving 21 years in the Army. Grew up in Bonney Lake, WA and just moved back here from my last duty station in Hawaii.

Glad I ran across the forums!

-Chris
Not a bad station to go out on. Ft Hood is lovely too if you can avoid disappearing.
Welcome to the forum.

I broke up with my girlfriend before leaving for the Marines in 1965. I didn't want to have to deal with any drama, etc. Needless to say when I returned home, she had done as I figured that she would and had a nice, steady fellow. I recently saw a photo of her. Yikes!! While I certainly have changed, she was totally unrecognizable. I hope that she's enjoying her life and all that it is to her. Personally, I think I dodged a bullet!

Welcome,
21 years, now you get the fun of figuring out what to wear every morning. (I think that and missing my Brothers and Sisters was the hardest part of retiring after 20 years). Germany and Korea were 2 of my favorite assignments. Base I was at in Germany is now a civilian airport, base in Korea has changed so much it is hard to recognize.
BTW, make sure you file for your VA Compensation and Pension when you final out (if you haven't already), much easier route than waiting. Geat a hold of the DAV, and have then help you. If you have already signed out, and not filed, get the DAV on it to help you right away.

Last Edited:
Welcome,
21 years, now you get the fun of figuring out what to wear every morning. (I think that and missing my Brothers and Sisters was the hardest part of retiring after 20 years). Germany and Korea were 2 od my favorite assignments. Base I was at in Germany is now a civilian airport, base in Korea has changed so much it is hard to recognize.
BTW, make sure you file for your VA Compensation and Pension when you final out (if you haven't already), much easier route than waiting. Geat a hold of the DAV, and have then help you. If you have already signed out, and not filed, get the DAV on it to help you right away.

First off, Welcome Aboard FNG!

Glad you found the forum. This is by far the best place to hang out on the internet.

Secondly, definitely get started on filling for VA benefits. I didn't file until >10 years after I got out... the only reason I did was because I took a job as Veterans Outreach for my company and needed to understand the process. Back in the 90s, probably would have received a higher rating. But thats life.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top