JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took my Taurus out for a spin today and was impressed. Accurate, easy to shoot, functioned flawlessly and I really put it thru it's paces.

Only hiccup was the non-Brazilian made mag. Stove piped twice with that mag only. Have you guys been impressed with your Taurus PT 92's?

Anything I should look out for on this 22 year old gun?

I didn't notice any difference between this and my Beretta 92FS, as far as shooting went.

Thanks for the feedback!

For the money and as an entry level pistol, the PT92 served me very well. But when I got my 92fs the fit and finish just felt cleaner and tighter than the PT92.

The saving grace of the PT92 is one can get a stainless railed version for a great price.. an Inox beretta A1
(compared to a PT92 with similar features) gets up in co$t quick.

I do agree, the mags can be crummy and hinder performance, but overall mine ran real well.

Last Edited:
I agree, and I toyed with the idea of another Beretta, nearly bought a Sig P226, but thought better of it. I was looking for a truck gun anyway. This little PT 92 seems to fit the bill.

For the money and as an entry level pistol, the PT92 served me very well. But when I got my 92fs the fit and finish just felt cleaner and tighter than the PT92.

The saving grace of the PT92 is one can get a stainless railed version for a great price.. an Inox beretta A1
(compared to a PT92 with similar features) gets up in co$t quick.

I do agree, the mags can be crummy and hinder performance, but overall mine ran real well.

I've got one I bought used, in stainless, for a very nice price. You're right, the fit and finish doesn't match Beretta quality, but it's still a reliable and accurate gun. I'm pleased with mine.

I had one for awhile, bought it brand new about 3 years ago. I had extraction issues out of the box, once I stopped cussing and started thinking, it didn't take long to figure out the problem. Burrs on both sides of the extractor cut, a couple of minutes with a diamond stone, after that, it was flawless for the next couple of years, and I put a lot of rounds through it. Greg Cote sells Mec-Gar mags for them at a good price, I had several, all were flawless. Good guns, the only reason I sold/traded mine was I got rid of all my guns that had manual safeties. Yes, I know the PT 92 is both safety and decocker, but I wanted as much similarity across platforms as possible, so decocker only in my arsenal. Later.

Davde

dadas phone 2018 920.jpg

Si boy say's there great, we have a stainless one with rail 5000+ rounds 0 malfunctions still looks new.

20180602_181900.jpg

Thank you for the feedback guys. I do need 4 mags and will reach out to Greg Cote. Guessing he hangs around this site a bit?

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback guys. I do need 4 mags and will reach out to Greg Cote. Guessing he hangs around this site a bit?

Thanks

This is how they came for my 100.

100_3035.JPG

I have stainless Taurus pistols( copy models of Beretta's pistol ) in both 9mm and .40 and have had no problems with either. I have some Beretta's as well as S&W's as well as Taurus copies of some of them. Only had one problem and that was Taurus copy of beretta cheetah ( high capacity compact beefy little shrunk down version of 92 in .380). Sent it to Taurus in Florida, they immediately fixed it free and sent it right back with quick turn-around time. I never experienced another problem with it after that. Taurus makes nice little budget guns which seem to be reliable copies for those that don't want to /0r can't spend a lot more money on original Mfr. Models. Are they as nice or as good as? No of course not, but good enough LOL

Good to know fellas, I'll keep my eye out for both Taurus and MecGar mags. After all, you can't have too many!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top