JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

I'm new to owning firearms, but I'm not a total stranger to them. Been learning as I go, consulting friends, researching online, and as cautious as necessary.

I recently bought my first handgun and inherited a couple long arms, and I'm looking to break them in and learn some good form.

Always open for chatting!
And if anyone knows any good public ranges near Florence (the town's gun club has been pretty rude, so they're not getting my money), please fill me in.

Thanks!

Greetings program!

-Sorry to hear about your local club. My advice, give them several more benefits of the doubt, a whole handful more than you would normally.

While you may not fit in as one "of the good ole boys" (and probably don't want to), I'd wager you might learn a bunch given some time. Having a convenient range far far outweighs putting up with a small bit of gruff, even if you don't meet up with folks there.

Getting proficient takes a lot of practice. Having a close by range makes it easier to get that practice to become proficient. That's the only reason your there.

Once your proficient, you need to maintain your skill, or you lose it pretty darn quickly, particularly with handguns.

If it turns out someone might want to share some knowledge, or listen to yours, great!...If not, your still achieving your goal.

Welcome and like he said I would take another crack at local range I think most gun range and gun stores for that matter are kinda rude at first it seems but I would say they are trying to see what your like after all every one at a range has a gun and they don't want bad attitude 's around LOL

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. :)

I'll think about giving them another chance. It's true I'm not there to join the club, just to shoot.

Hopefully I'll find the time to join in at events and stuff, too.

I will say this the first time I went to the range up here they were not really rude but they did want to kinda get into my business you would say want to see my guns ammo so in and so on then the range officer was always looking over my shoulder but like I said they where just trying to figure me out I guess now I go in and say yes I been Here before lol as a matter of fact every time I go back there is a new person working there don't know if that's bad or good but it is what it is

I will say this the first time I went to the range up here they were not really rude but they did want to kinda get into my business you would say want to see my guns ammo so in and so on then the range officer was always looking over my shoulder but like I said they where just trying to figure me out I guess now I go in and say yes I been Here before lol as a matter of fact every time I go back there is a new person working there don't know if that's bad or good but it is what it is

Please don't get mad at me, but here's a few things you might just consider using in your posts.

Don't hesitate to let me know when you run out - I can easily post you more.

Best

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews