Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New to forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BrutalRain, Oct 31, 2010.

1. BrutalRain

BrutalRain Western Washington New Member

Hi all,

Born and raised in Washington. It feels good to hang out with people in the same area with the same interests.

I have a love of AR's, AK's, Shotguns and 1911's. I dabble in a little bolt action too.

My favorite gun is my Springfield TRP Operator Full Rail 1911.

Worst gun experience: Staying in downtown Portland OR and not being able to carry. :huh:
    Those family members will have to come up here if they want to see me from now on. ;)

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. If you felt inclined, you could get an Oregon CHL. Then you could carry in downtown Portland.

3. turboss

turboss Puyallup Member

I also live in WW so Welcome neighbor. I also hate it when I go to Oregon, gotta go to those classes...

4. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Welcome.

5. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Welcome.

6. olyshoots

olyshoots Vancouver USA Member

Welcome from another SW WA feller that also needs to take the Oregon class as well as the Utah class for all the reciprocity. Seems a good thing to do this winter.

7. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

Welcome BrutalRain & Julie too, tons of really helpful, smart people here... waaay more knowledgeable than me!

It's pretty easy to get an Oregon CC permit. As you're in Portland, check this out for Multnomah County permits. Take a qualifying class (like the one offered every Tuesday 6'30pm-9pm at the Mult. Sheriff's office itself, $40-- or submit your certif of completion of another qualified class from any state); fill out the form, etc., they'll make you an appointment within a week or two to get fingerprinted/photo taken & pay the $65; & you'll have your temporary permit when you walk out the door. They'll mail you the permanent one within a couple more weeks, but you're good to go with the temp.

I think you'll meet a ton of cool people here, I sure have :thumbup: