JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello my name is Avenir, No one in my family owned guns before me. My parents had a very anti-gun view even though we were conservative republicans. It probably had something to do with them growing up in a country part of the Soviet union. So I grew up knowing guns are bad. When I was 17 I started watching conservative podcasts like Steven Crowder, and the Daily Wire. Steven Crowders "I'm Pro Gun, Change my Mind" got me really interested in guns. So On my 18th birthday (September 2022) I bought my first AR 15. I loved it. I loved the gun community and the experience of shooting. So Since then I've already boughten a Ruger American 243 and a Mossberg 500. If Oregon's 114 law doesn't get passed and everything cools down I'm definitely planning on getting more. I found this forum to be very helpful with advise and decided to help people with answer some questions. I am new to all of this so I'm happy to learn. Hope to make many friends on here and have a great time learning more about guns.

Welcome to the community. All of Oregon BM114 is on hold right now, but that can change if the Oregon Supreme Court takes up the AGs request to set aside the Harney County Judges Temporary Restraining Order.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Welcome on Avenir, good intro. You've discovered a very enjoyable and fulfilling hobby. Cherish your second amendment right and defend it jealously; there are plenty of people out there that would love nothing more than to take it away from you. Take your parents out shooting with you sometime, I'll bet they'll change their minds on how they feel about guns.

1675156476842.png
Welcome bro.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Thank you for the advice. I will seriously look into this. I want to meet more people in the gun community so I will see how I can help.

Welcome on Avenir, good intro. You've discovered a very enjoyable and fulfilling hobby. Cherish your second amendment right and defend it jealously; there are plenty of people out there that would love nothing more than to take it away from you. Take your parents out shooting with you sometime, I'll bet they'll change their minds on how they feel about guns.

Thank you, I feel very welcomed so far. I also probably should have mentioned that since I got my guns my parents haven't been so opposed. I was able to convince my dad to get a small .22 pistol and I've taken him to the range a few times. My mom on the other hand is still kind of against it because she considers it very "dangerous" for an 18 year old to have guns.

Thank you, I feel very welcomed so far. I also probably should have mentioned that since I got my guns my parents haven't been so opposed. I was able to convince my dad to get a small .22 pistol and I've taken him to the range a few times. My mom on the other hand is still kind of against it because she considers it very "dangerous" for an 18 year old to have guns.
Nothing wrong or "dangerous" about a gun in the hands of a responsible 18-year-old who understands the importance of safe handling and proper operation. Signing up for a training class would be a good idea; you can find more info about classes here on this forum in the "Education & Training" section.

One more thing, make sure you VOTE - always. And encourage your like-minded friends and family to do the same.

Last Edited:
Hello my name is Avenir, No one in my family owned guns before me. My parents had a very anti-gun view even though we were conservative republicans. It probably had something to do with them growing up in a country part of the Soviet union. So I grew up knowing guns are bad. When I was 17 I started watching conservative podcasts like Steven Crowder, and the Daily Wire. Steven Crowders "I'm Pro Gun, Change my Mind" got me really interested in guns. So On my 18th birthday (September 2022) I bought my first AR 15. I loved it. I loved the gun community and the experience of shooting. So Since then I've already boughten a Ruger American 243 and a Mossberg 500. If Oregon's 114 law doesn't get passed and everything cools down I'm definitely planning on getting more. I found this forum to be very helpful with advise and decided to help people with answer some questions. I am new to all of this so I'm happy to learn. Hope to make many friends on here and have a great time learning more about guns.
Welcome! The most important thing for any gun owner to do is learn the 4 rules of gun safety and never violate them ever.

Great short video on it here.

Cheers!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews